søndag 15. mai 2016

Battle Report #157: Haley2 vs Mortenebra

:: Prologue ::

Not a lot of gaming these days but yesterday I got in 3 quick ones vs Mortenebra. I've never faced her before so I was excited to see what she has. Furthermore, with Venethrax receiving Terminal Velocity and a very strong anti-battlegroup feat, I kind of anticipate playing against him to be roughly like facing Mortenebra now. A proxy, if you will. Anyway, let's get to it!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +5
- Squire
- Stormwall - PC: 19
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 8
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Gastone Crosse - PC: 3
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator - PC: 1
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 4
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team - Lynch, Ryan & Watts: 4
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - Officer 2
Opponent:
Master Necrotech Mortenebra - WJ: +4
- Deryliss
- Deathjack - PC: 12
- Stalker - PC: 4
- Scavenger - PC: 4
- Leviathan - PC: 9
- Helldiver - PC: 3
- Helldiver - PC: 3
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist - PC: 2
Warwitch Siren - PC: 2
Bane Knights - Leader & 9 Grunts: 10
The Withershadow Combine - Malevolus, Admonia, & Tremulus: 5

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We are playing Close Quarters and Cryx take first turn. I have no experience with Scavenger either, but the rest of the list I know well enough. Going into this game the idea was to shoot stuff up and contain the threat from the Knights before I commit the Stormwall and/or feat.

I had a big piece of impassable in my center and a hill on my left. I placed Stormwall + Haley to the left and most of the shooters to the right. Tentatively I would take the hill with Haley and Stormwall and see where the game would go from there.


:: Game ::

Cryx run up. Scavenger on the left behind a wall, Stalker on the right.


After checking a couple of distances I decided to move up Haley 6" with Temporal on the Stormwall for its full 9" and 3 boosted shots into Banes. Shooters on the right spread out.


3 words: Overrun, Terminal Velocity. Leviathan takes out a model after Deryliss has given it Overrun. The Scavenger makes a full advance with 3 focus. Mortenebra casts Terminal Velocity and the Scavenger charges and kills Haley. Gotcha!

:: Evaluation ::

When I started playing this game last year I typically took the time every game when I faced something new: Sit down, read through the list, discuss the tricks and angles. This is something I've become a lot more lazy with and instead I end up giving away stupid assassinations like this. Anyway, gotchas are part of the game and this loss also served to show Haley's fragility. It is her biggest weakness and I believe most of my losses with her have been to her dying. In fact I can hardly remember when I've lost a game on attrition or scenario with her.

The big part about gotchas is to learn though. We had time for 2 more games with this being over so quickly. Let's see what, if anything, Haley learned!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar