lørdag 2. april 2016

2d6 Crusade Game 2 (#138): Haley3 vs Lylyth2

:: Prologue ::

Following yesterday's 2 practice games, it was ironic that we'd draw the exact same matchup again game 2 already today. Bring it!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Prime Victoria Haley - WJ: +3
- Squire
- Lancer - PC: 6
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Haley Future - PC: 0
Haley Past - PC: 0
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 2
Captain Maxwell Finn - PC: 3
Ragman - PC: 2
Alexia1 & The Risen - PC: 5
Savio Montero Acosta - PC: 3
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 11
Trencher Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
Horgenhold Forge Guard - Leader & 9 Grunts: 8
- Captain Jonas Murdoch - Murdoch 2
Opponent:
Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight - WB: +5
- Succubus
- Naga Nightlurker - PC: 5
- Nephilim Bolt Thrower - PC: 6
- Nephilim Bolt Thrower - PC: 6
- Ravagore - PC: 10
- Ravagore - PC: 10
- Ravagore - PC: 10
Strider Deathstalker - PC: 2
Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1
Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1
The Forsaken - PC: 2


:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario was incoming and I got first turn. The idea was to stay in a tight formation and put the pressure on him T2 with a position in T1 that would force him to respect my angles.


:: Game ::

I took care to send stuff forward according to threat ranges. I gave up 1 Lance (because Future has to revive something, right?), the rest of my juicy things were outside of non-feat range. I cast Tactical Supremacy on Haley herself to get all the way up into that sweet cover. Lancer ran behind the Effigy.


Ravagore on the right flank kills the Lance. He starts killing the dug in Trenchers but Lylyth finds that 9+ boosted misses sometimes. He found this out after he cast Shadow Pack, and even though said spell was cast within Arcane Wonder range, he only had 2 fury left. He elected to camp instead of buying and boosting.


With Lylyth that exposed and my models in such a perfect position I decided to go for it. Acosta killed a Lance. Forge Guard killed another. Alexia killed a third. Lancer ran up 12" to line up for Force Hammer on the Ravagore which sat 0.5" or so in front of Lylyth. Haley feats, moves up to get stuff in range. Past casts boosted Force Hammer on the Ravagore. It's only slammed 1" but that's enough to KD Lylyth anyway. Future revives 2 Lances, Prime revives 1 and hits Lylyth with Repudiate to take off Shadow Pack. Finn gives the Trenchers Desperate Pace and before I've even activated the Lances Lylyth goes down to their POW11 Rifles.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Lylyth2 -has- to respect Haley3's angles and ranges. She enjoys playing a centralized style of game but in this matchup I believe that is too risky for her. I believe she has to leave one flank open and stay in a tighter formation where it's easier for Lylyth2 to be safe. In this case she could've gone for the wall on the left side and let my Storm Lances dominate the right flank. 

The feels you get when you assassinate Lylyth2 top of turn 2 are amazing. Highly recommended! 

2 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. Thanks! This matchup is hard and I knew I was up and got so angry with myself when I placed Prime B2B with the objective. Luckily the dice were with me and I took it home. This game also made me realize how much of a must-have the Lancer is in the Haley3 list, given the matchups I want her to play.

      Slett