mandag 15. februar 2016

Battle Report #91: Haley2 vs Haley1

:: Prologue ::

Cygnar Civil Conflict! I played 2 mirror matches today, both with Haley2. Cygnar is a tricky matchup in the sense that Haley2 looks to be better on paper, but I think it really depends on the pairing as Haley3's cloudwall seriously messes with certain opponents. The first game was against Haley1 double colossal. As I'm desperately missing Haley2 I decided I'd play her for both games today.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +5
- Squire
- Stormwall - PC: 19
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 8
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Gastone Crosse - PC: 3
Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - PC: 2
Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr - Lynus & Edrea: 3
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 4
Tactical Arcanist Corps - Leader & 2 Grunts: 4
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team - Lynch, Ryan & Watts: 4
Opponent:
Captain Victoria Haley - WJ: +5
- Squire
- Sentinel - PC: 4
- Stormwall - PC: 19
- Lightning Pod
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Gastone Crosse - PC: 3
- Galleon - PC: 18
Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - PC: 2
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team - Lynch, Ryan & Watts: 4

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We were playing Outflank and I went as the second player. All colossals pre-deployed centrally (my opponent had to use a proxy huge base for his Galleon, I proxied Gorman as McNaille and Stormsmith + Rhupert as Lynus + Edrea, respectively). I believed the best choice for me would be to go right as I could use the building there to cloud up and if he wanted to get in a position to contest he'd have to go in the water instead of in a trench. As he deployed centrally I skewed right. 


:: Game ::

Haley1 opens up with the usual advance. It's kind of slow, which is one of the reasons I don't like Colossals without buffs to movement: It takes too long to get them where you need them. I respond by skewing out right and stealthing A+H on the left. I make a mistake as Eiryss runs up to shoot off Arcane Shield on the Galleon but it is naturally prevented by the Sentinel. I'm also a bit too cautious with Thorn because of Drag. I could most likely have found a better spot for him, as it were he couldn't easily get out if I needed him.


Galleon moves up 5" so as to contest. It tries to shoot down Eiryss but rolls too high on the scatter rolls. B13th follow up but struggle with Deceleration.


Aiyana + Holt are barely outside of kiss range on the Galleon. I should've moved them more centrally because I could have anticipated his movement. Eiryss shoots off Arcane Shield. I'm a bit overconfident so my shooters start blasting apart B13th instead of putting the hurt on the Galleon. Regardless, a 4-focus Stormwall with Temporal Acceleration manages to finish the job (though it's close!) and I run Thorn in to contest under Haley's feat.


We measure the distance and my opponent's Dougal is too far away because of the wreck marker's rough terrain. With that, he concedes the game. 

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::


This went about as expected: Some rusty mistakes on priorities but a matchup clearly in favour of my list I believe. A classic Haley2-move takes the game home. I don't know if there's a whole lot more to be said about this game, the mistakes were obvious and there's only so much you can play in 2 turns, 1 of which consists of running an entire army save for a Stormwall and a solo who fires off their shots. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar