mandag 15. februar 2016

Battle Report #92: Haley2 vs Caine2

:: Prologue ::

2nd game and the tables are turned: This time I'm up against Caine2. I know he's fantastic into Cygnar so now I'm the one fighting uphill. Bring it!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +5
- Squire
- Stormwall - PC: 19
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 8
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Gastone Crosse - PC: 3
Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - PC: 2
Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr - Lynus & Edrea: 3
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 4
Tactical Arcanist Corps - Leader & 2 Grunts: 4
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team - Lynch, Ryan & Watts: 4
Opponent:
Captain Allister Caine - WJ: +5
- Squire
- Ace - PC: 7
- Sentinel - PC: 4
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Stormsmith Stormcaller - PC: 1
Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire - PC: 4
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator - PC: 1
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 2
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team - Lynch, Ryan & Watts: 4
Rangers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 5
Tempest Blazers - Leader & 2 Grunts: 6
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 4
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. - Boomhowler and 9 Grunts: 9

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Same mission, same sides & turns. I pre-deploy Stormwall in the middle and skew right with most of the other things. Thorn goes right as I'm trying to keep 4" hard to get for him. E-leaps, Ace, Magic Bullet... My army is super fragile so I'm depending on the Stormwall to break apart his forces and make life miserable for whatever's on its far flank while I (hopefully) clean out the rest and start pressuring him on scenario.


:: Game ::

Caine's forces run up and claim the table. Caine himself even runs, camps all bar 2 (1 for sentinel, 1 for ace).


So the threats I see are Blazers on the left, Alexia2 on the right (Hellfire is devastating for my solos) and Ace, of course. I notice that he doesn't have ATGM so I immediately start looking for Magic Bullet targets. Boomies without Murdoch are not faction models so I safely conclude that all his assassination opportunities are on the right. Because of Ace however (which can easily hurt me with Magic Bullet + Trick shot tearing apart solos) I make sure to spread out my right flank. Haley puts 1 on Stormwall and casts Deceleration + Acceleration to camp 1. Stormwall runs up but not so far, turns out I didn't need Acceleration and could've camped 4...


...which is what I should have done as The Black 13th is in the middle of the map. I completely forgot about them and Haley is easily within 4" of the TAC models. 3 Magic Bullets later (with Trick Shot as backup it's kind of a safe play actually) and our beloved Major Victoria bites the dust.

:: Evaluation ::

Caine is amazing when there's not too much armour around. Cygnar mirrors without double colossals is something he really loves. With Ace, double colossals is sometimes playable as well because of Shadow Fire. Anyways, despite this short game we saw some of his highlights: Multiple threat angles, spreads out across the map, sets up nicely for attrition. I would've had to make some strong plays T2 to have a chance here.

I deployed Eiryss poorly. I should've had her opposite Boomies and Alexia because they are the prime targets for Arcane Shield. Apart from taking off said Shield, she doesn't do a whole lot in this game.

It's good to be back to Haley and I need to slow down the pace with her. Had she been 3" further back she'd still be in range of the zone in T2 and she'd be outside 4" of the TAC. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar