lørdag 5. november 2016

Battle Report #336: Haley3 vs High Reclaimer

:: Prologue ::

If memory serves I have only played High Reclaimer once in Mk. 3. That did not go so well. I believe the way I build my Haley2 lists don't really play that well into HR, so I've kind of been exploring Haley3 as a Protectorate drop. Today I finally got the chance to actually play her against HR!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Prime Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Haley Past
- Haley Future
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Thorn - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Charger - PC: 9
Ragman - PC: 4
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Trencher Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Opponent:
(High Reclaimer 1) The High Reclaimer [+32]
 - Vigilant [9]
 - Scourge of Heresy [16]
 - Hierophant [3]
 - Crusader [10]
Flame Bringers (max) [17]
Knights Exemplar [9]
- UA [5]
Idrian Skirmishers (max) [15]
 - Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide [5]
Allegiant of the Order of the Fist [3]
The Covenant of Menoth [4]
Wrack [1]
Wrack [1]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage [5]
Anastasia di Bray [3]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Scenario is Outlast and Protectorate moves first. My idea is to create fort Prime and attrition, attrition, attrition.


:: Game ::

Protectorate run their troops up and spread out. Idrians put Prey on Prime and receive Hand of Fate.


Grenadiers shoot! A lucky scatter lands on the Idrian Officer and I boost damage to kill him. No Go To Ground for you unless you feat, sucker! Cloudwall goes up and fort Prime is built.


HR shows off with clouds of his own.


I figure there's no reason to feat. I want my clouds on the right flank but don't think it's necessary on the left. I go to work and kill Idrians + Exemplars.


HR tries to kill Past with double Ashes. Note to self: Camp 2 if I want Past to contest when he gets a lot of souls. I survive, luckily. I lose a couple of Trenchers.


It's feat turn! I want to clear his heavy jack on the right flank and the Flame Bringers there. It works out quite well!


The counter-feat with mini-feat from Exemplars takes out Past, Future and the Ironclad. Note to self: Should've worked to get the Ironclad into his heavy so I could've saved Future in my last turn. He moves to 2 CP to my 0.


I clear a lot and am now massively up on attrition. Thorn contests. Past and Future are spawned again.


Protectorate tries once more to get work done, but it's not enough.


I clear the remaining models barring HR.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

A very interesting game! I am too cautious with Prime here and if I spend less models shielding her off I can get the attrition rate up a bit more, which would be nice here of course.

On my feat turn I need to prioritize differently and try and deal with the last Exempler. They are my opponent's only way back in the game I feel.

Ashes to ashes can be a way for HR to deal with echoes. 2 focus camped can often be something to prioritize here.

A great game, I was happy with the solutions I found and not least of all learning that this is a matchup which certainly feels in Haley's favour!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar