søndag 6. november 2016

Battle Report #338 & #339: Haley2 vs Issyria

:: Prologue ::

I was scheduled to play Retribution and Convergence today but I ended up with a string of games on both sides of the table in the Haley2 - Issyria matchup. First up: 2 games where I pilot the Cygnar forces!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 5
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
Ragman - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 2 Grunts: 12
Opponent:
(Issyria 1) Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn [+29]
 - Hyperion [36]
 - Imperatus [22]
 - Phoenix [18]
Mage Hunter Strike Force (max) [16]
 - Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander [6]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario is Entrenched and Issyria moves first. My idea here is that I need to get my eleaps onto the Strike Force if they present themselves. If he gets all of his firepower onto the Stormwall under Issyria's feat I will be in trouble. I set up for a classic scenario angle. Retribution goes for a bit of a defensive counter-play.


:: Game ::

MHSF realize they can't push hard in the center so they shift right. Rest advance as expected.


I play fairly defensively and have Lanyssa on my left to get the Lances onto the objective if needed. Firefly runs right to counter MHSF.


Issyria's forces converge on the center.


By charging a strike force model Haley is able to catch just about everyone in her feat. Stormwall tramples and pods so that the Firefly with Temporal Acceleration can zap out 4 strike force guys. Lances kill objective with Hunter's Mark help.


Since I move to 2-0 and will go 3-0 in his turn and 4-0 in my sub-sequent turn 3 the game is essentially over. My opponent concedes and we go again. This time his plan is to play the MHSF more aggressively.


The aggressive Strike Force figure out that they may as well just lose a couple to buy table space.


Trample + pod + electro leaps = 4 dead strike force models. I take care to keep the 'wall out of the majority of their retaliation range.


A couple of strike force models shoot the 'wall, nothing major. Phoenix charges pod to land Blinding Light on 'wall.


I figure that if I take out the Phoenix and a few more strike force dudes I can play this slow, no need to rush. I do it and feat.


Imperatus moves to contest me.


Lance moves to 6.1" from Imperatus. Haley TKs it within 6". Ironclad throws it, knocking Imperatus down. Ragman moves up, Temporally accelerated Stormwall kills it and Thorn blocks Hyperion from getting to Stormwall.


My opponent concedes.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Scenario is a big issue for Issyria. The MHSF struggle to put pressure on the Stormwall quickly enough because of their vulnerability to electro leaps. In these two games I was able to keep a defensive position while still having an edge in terms of both attrition and scenario.

It was a good confirmation to see how well my list handled this rather unorthodox Issyria list.

Reports where I play Issyria will come soon! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar