fredag 20. november 2015

Circle on Sunday: Pre-Game Musings

I'm facing Circle Orboros on Sunday, more specifically Krueger2. I have played against Circle quite a bit and Krueger2 is the lock I have the most experience against. Like Haley he is full of tricks and I really enjoy these matchups.

My opponent is bringing:
Krueger the Stormlord - WB: +5
- Druid Wilder
- Ghetorix - PC: 11
- Gorax - PC: 4
- Warpwolf Stalker - PC: 10
Una the Falconer - PC: 3
- Rotterhorn Griffon - PC: 3
- Rotterhorn Griffon - PC: 3
Blackclad Wayfarer - PC: 2
Blackclad Wayfarer - PC: 2
Gallows Grove - PC: 1
Druids of Orboros - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7
Shifting Stones - Leader & 2 Grunts: 2
Tharn Bloodweavers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 5
As per usual I'm taking:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +5
- Squire
- Stormwall - PC: 19
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 8
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Alexia2 - PC: 4
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team - Lynch, Ryan & Watts: 4
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - Officer 2

Tactical Arcanist Corp - Leader & 2 Grunts: 4
My first thought is that this list Circle list is lacking in sheer numbers. Sure there are quite a few beasts here but they're not really suited to dealing with the Stormwall and they are inferior dealing with the infantry compared to Skinwalkers or Bloodtrackers in my experience. I see that composition as being in my favour.

In return I have to neutralize the beatsticks and/or the stones. When I manage this, handling the rest of the Circle army is usually fine. Of course it's not trivial - this matchup is always a game - but I have a clear plan going in as well as some tricks I don't think he'll be expecting.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar