tirsdag 15. mars 2016

Battle Report #114: Haley2 vs Kreoss1

:: Prologue ::

More Menoth menace! One of my regular opponents is trying out various lists and as Haley2 inevitably tends to be a common sight and strong choice vs the Protectorate, I was more than happy to bring out the shooty list of doom again.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +5
- Squire
- Stormwall - PC: 19
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 8
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Gastone Crosse - PC: 3
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator - PC: 1
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 4
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team - Lynch, Ryan & Watts: 4
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - Officer 2
Opponent:
High Exemplar Kreoss - WJ: +5
- Reckoner - PC: 8
- Reckoner - PC: 8
- Redeemer - PC: 6
The Covenant of Menoth - PC: 2
Vassal of Menoth - PC: 2
Vassal of Menoth - PC: 2
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist - PC: 2
Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - PC: 2
Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - PC: 2
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 2
Exemplar Errants - Leader and 9 Grunts: 8
- Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard - Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard 2
Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 2
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard - Rhoven, Gius, and Cassian: 4

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We were playing Incoming and I went first. I put the Stormwall centrally and Haley behind my zone because I could hide her there behind a piece of impassable to avoid the pop-and-drop of which Kreoss1 is so infamous for. I put B13th on my right and the rest on my left. The goal was to out-attrition Menoth. The Protectorate forces respond with a central deployment.


:: Game :: 

Stormwall moves up 14" with Temporal. I throw up Deceleration and ATGM spread out. B13th run up with Eiryss on my right flank. Thorn is in a position to move past the Stormwall if need be to put pressure on things.


The Protectorate forces move up. Holy Ward goes up on Errants as well as Tough from Rhupert. The Reckoners receive Shielding and Kreoss camps 1.


Given that Kreoss only camps 1 focus, is pretty far up the table already (his feat can very well help the Errants knock out my army as well as my caster) and is so exposed I think the best option here is to go for assassination. I put 1 focus on Thorn, 4 on the Stormwall and keep 4 on Haley. Reinholdt gives Haley lucky charm. The rest of my army clears Errants (who pass a ridiculous number of tough rolls but not enough) and Thorn runs up. Haley TKs Kreoss around and Stormwall shoots him to death.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

With Kreoss skewing a little left he can quickly gain a scenario angle if I'm not careful. He can also gain an attrition advantage if my army doesn't fall back because feat allows him to kill me off so easily. The Errant screen combined with Enliven and Shielding provide him with a lot of strategical depth as the last picture shows and the only way to attack this, save from assassination, is to get control of the elements nearest to me to ensure the majority of my army is far away from him. Alternatively Thorn can get some work done with Deceleration up as I can cover him with Metal Storms and Mage Storm.

While I'm not a fan of assassination runs this one was fairly safe. All Haley has to do is hit the TK with Lucky Charm -and- re-roll and it's pretty much good night for Kreoss. It's an important tool to have and I'm not afraid to use it if I think it's the best option. It also keeps players on their toes against Haley2. Thorn makes her threats quite extraordinary. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar