onsdag 13. januar 2016

Battle Report #59 - Caine2 vs Issyria (50)

:: Prologue ::

The second game from last night! Although Retribution's one of the factions I have the most experience against, I felt I needed to bring Caine to the matchup as well seeing as my experience with him in particular is lacking. Issyria was on the other side and luckily for me she's one of the casters I know best.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Captain Allister Caine - WJ: +5 (Effigy of Valor)
- Squire
- Ace - PC: 7 (bonded)
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire - PC: 4
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator - PC: 1
Stormsmith Stormcaller - PC: 1
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyanna & Master Holt: 4
Tactical Arcanist Corps - Leader & 2 Grunts: 4
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. - Boomhowler and 9 Grunts: 9
Rangers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 5
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team - Lynch, Ryan & Watts: 4
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - Officer 2
Opponent:
Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn - WJ: +6
- Chimera - PC: 6
- Hyperion - PC: 18
Arcanist - PC: 1
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Mage Hunter Strike Force - Leader & 9 Grunts: 8
- Strike Force Commander - Commander 2
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyanna & Master Holt: 4
Houseguard Halberdiers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 7
- Halberdier Officer & Standard - PC: 2
Stormfall Archers - Leader & 3 Grunts: 5

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We were playing Incoming again and I won the roll-off, opting to go first. I put down Caine slightly to the left, intending to charge on a hill. Boomies centrally with B13th far left and Alexia far right. Retribution responded with Halberdiers in a typical jamming position opposite me, Hyperion centrally and shooters on the other flank.


:: Game ::

Stuff ran. Heightened Reflexes on Boomies, True Shot on Caine, Arcane on Alexia.


Note to self: When anticipating Halberdiers jamming, I want ATGM centrally to counter MHSF and B13th vs Halbs to mage storm etc. So Halbs walked up in Shield Wall, the reform got them pretty far.


Alexia was in range of 3 Halberdiers. Caine took them out while Magic Bullet + Trick shot took out Aiyana + Eiryss. Gotta love targeting that huge Hyperion! Ace infiltrated to draw out Issyria's feat (leaving him unharmed is disastrous), saving me trouble later on. Caine hid behind clouds. Alexia backed off as I expected Halbs to jam high next turn, thus allowing her to use her souls and still fill up easily.


Issyria feat came out as expected. Ace took a dive, Ryan + Watts died and most of the boomies perished. Halbs took out 2 ATGM and I lost a single TAC guy.


I considered sending up A+H to feat and go for Hyperion but decided to clear Halbs instead. Caine did a lot, Alexia did a lot and suddenly there were not that many Halberdiers left. A+H kept Stealth up and Eiryss chilled out as well.


The war of attrition was slowly turning in my favour as Caine kept trading pieces favourably. Hyperion stepped up and tried to even the odds by taking down Alexia, only to find that DEF15 ARM22 is a thing.


Aiyana kissed Hyperion, Caine feated and took it + Chimera down and ended up in the zone behind clouds to start my scoring advantage at long last.


Retribution realized there were no more winning plays here and conceded. 

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

This is the second game in a row where I forgot Effigy and this screwed up Rangers who failed their test T2. Note to self: Half the reason I have Effigy is to avoid silly stuff like this. 

Magic bullet and trick shot took care of solos as expected. I have to remember to look for these openings. I also liked how I drew out Issyria's feat with Ace. While it was brutal (it always is), it wasn't crucial to the game per se. 

As noted earlier in the report I should've expected Halbs to get the jamming duty which implies B13th should've been nearby. Boomies further left and ATGM centrally would be the best bet here I believe. 

All in all a great game and I believe Caine2 is ready for Norwegian Masters!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar