onsdag 20. januar 2016

Battle Report #70 - Nemo2 vs Lylyth2

:: Prologue ::

A wacky Nemo2-list is one of my latest attempts at creating a list that can both a) deal with Lylyth2 and b) handle arm-skew without involving Haley2. I find this to be a bigger problem than you might think it should be. The idea behind this list is to have enough speed and hitting power to overwhelm her shooting. How did this pan out? Read on!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
General Adept Nemo - WJ: +6
- Squire
- Stormclad - PC: 10
- Lightning Pod
- Stormclad - PC: 10
- Stormclad - PC: 10
- Stormclad - PC: 10
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Lightning Pod - PC: 0
Lightning Pod - PC: 0
Anastasia di Bray - PC: 2
Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 5
Tactical Arcanist Corps - Leader & 2 Grunts: 4
Opponent:
Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight - WB: +5
- Succubus
- Shredder - PC: 2
- Ravagore - PC: 10
- Ravagore - PC: 10
- Ravagore - PC: 10
- Nephilim Bolt Thrower - PC: 6
- Nephilim Bolt Thrower - PC: 6
- Naga Nightlurker - PC: 5
Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1
Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1
The Forsaken - PC: 2

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We played this game really hard and fast, no clock and no precise measurements, tactical angles etc. We just wanted to see how it played out. Furthermore my collection is seriously lacking some models to run something as skewed as this so a lot of proxying was done (all Storm Lance models are Stormclads, Stryker1 model is Nemo2 and Sword Knights are Stormblade Infantry).

I went first and I had one thing in mind: Get up that table!



:: Game ::

Nemo keeps all, casts the +2 ARM thing and Energize for 3. All Stormclads run with focus from Stormblades. Arcane goes up on one guy.


Lylyth feats, 4 wraithbanes are thrown out and a Stormclad dies. Another loses ~10 boxes.


Realizing he advanced further than he needed to, he "mini-feated" the army backwards in the interest of making a real analysis of how this plays out. With Energize my max. threat range is 5+3+3+2 = 13", which he was way beyond. I thus set up around the cover of the dead Stormclad and put some Stormblades in the trench. This also gave me an interesting scenario angle.


2 Ravagores move up to contest. The shooting takes out the wounded Stormclad.


I sent the Stormblades and Stormclads into the beasts, focusing on Ravagores. Much to my dismay one of them survived, with the Shredder pumping out Tenacity there isn't a whole lot to do. Even with Nemo's feat I still can't take out one unless I have a damage boost and in this case I can only have +2 STR on one of the warjacks.

So basically the situation was that I'd lost 2 Stormclads. The other 2 were tied up in combat, Legion had 1 Bolter, 2 Ravagores and the Naga alive and ready to counter-charge. I had 0 scenario points. Ravagores with POW16 and Wraithbane deal at least ~25 boxes to a Stormclad with average dice. I didn't need to see this rolled out so I conceded the game.

:: Evaluation ::

A wacky concept played hard and fast gives me a decent indicator of how a matchup as straight-forward as this is. Basically I feel this is the same problem we usually encounter elsewhere: Ravagores are too durable and too strong for them to be neutralized if you make it to melee. Had they been weaker this might've worked but as we were they can simply handle too much punishment and return tons of damage themselves once engaged. Again, as with Kraye, I also wonder how this list would deal with arm-skew.

Nemo2 is interesting and I'm sure there are better ways to build him than this. Offensively his spell-list is quite impressive but he is also very focus-hungry. I wonder how he plays outside of feat turn with a jack-heavy list in a setting with more attrition.

What I did get out of this game is that when looking at Legion counters, perhaps one of the best places to start is get something I can kill for cover. An alternative is Siege's foxhole, of course. The problem I have is that I don't see what jacks/troops we have that are particularly well suited to taking these types of lists on. More playtesting needed for sure, next up is probably Haley1 or Haley3!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar