søndag 9. april 2017

Battle Report #482: Sloan vs Fyanna2

:: Prologue ::

Got a couple of games in with Sloan yesterday. I was lucky to book two different Legion opponents with different lists and playstyles to really test Sloan out. First up was Fyanna2 with an Oracles variant presenting no less than 9 Warbeasts!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Cygnar - Firing Solution v4
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards     75 / 75 Army
Armory - Steamroller Objective
Captain Kara Sloan - WJ: +28
-    Squire - PC: 0
-    Hunter - PC: 11
-    Hunter - PC: 11
-    Hunter - PC: 11
-    Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
-    Lightning Pod
-    Firefly - PC: 8
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
-    Hunter - PC: 11
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
-    Hammersmith - PC: 12
Opponent:
Fyanna2 Oracles
- 3x Neraph
- 2x Angelius
- 4x Raek
2x Forsaken
Shepherd
Hellion

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We play The Pit and I win the roll-off. Since this is Sloan and I don't know the matchup I elect to go last, picking the side with the least offensive terrain for Fyanna to take advantage of when she feats.


:: Game ::

Fyanna builds a fort behind the central rock.


I contemplate feating, but I want to get Refuge up and hitting DEF18 stuff isn't ideal. Instead I try and get into un-jammable positions where I can hopefully aim under Fyanna's feat.


Fyanna pushes beasts up and feats.


My primary goal here is to take out everything which threatens my support, which means most of the fliers close to my lines and the two Neraphs on the hill. The idea is to save the Hammersmith and Stormwall for as long as possible: They can provide a pretty good no-go zone and the latter can lock stuff down in melee despite shooting.

I miss a couple of the first attack and solving this becomes a bit of a pain. The Hammersmith misses its first attack as well when it activates so its focus is wasted. Luckily the last Hunter and the Stormwall get some work done. It's not spectacular but it's a start!


My opponent looks for angles on Sloan but cannot find any. The Hammersmith free striking stuff is too big of a problem. Two Raeks frenzy and my opponent figures he'll try to go for the 'wall instead. No Naga makes this a bit of a dicey proposition and the deal is sealed when the remaining Neraph on the hill (barely alive with 2 boxes) has to tank a covering fire to go in. Yes, Fyanna healed him up, but the POW10 took out his spirit regardless and the 'wall lived!


I mop up and my opponent concedes the game.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Very interesting game! The sheer amount of beasts Fyanna can get is problematic, no doubt. Her feat turn can essentially time walk lists like mine above if it gets the right terrain pieces. I feel that in this game Fyanna could've played for a bit of a longer game. If she had gone towards her flag and taken the various cover pieces on the right side she could've the obstruction on my side for her feat. That would be pretty bad for me.

I thought Sloan would be better here but this game felt really iffy. I think that if you want to play Sloan into Fyanna you need to carefully consider the terrain and scenario angles.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar