søndag 5. juni 2016

Battle Report #170: Sloan vs Thagrosh2

:: Prologue ::

After dojoing Legion lists for a little while we decided on a rematch with Thagrosh2 instead of Vayl1. The idea was that Thagrosh would hopefully be able to create a list that could get more elements into melee with the squishy ranged jacks. Let's get to it!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Sloan
- Reinholdt
- Stormwall
- Hunter
- Hunter
- Firefly
- Firefly
Junior
- Charger
Arlan Strangeways
Alten Ashley
Opponent:
Thagrosh2
- Angelius
- Raek
- Raek
- Proteus
- Seraph
Forsaken
Forsaken
Shepherd
Shepherd
Legionnaires
- UA

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Same scenario and map and I went first again. I was fairly happy with my deployment last time and without the Striders I imagined I would be better off with the Fireflies spread out so I went with the same setup again. My opponent replied with a more aggressive deployment from which he would threaten my zone a lot more.

 

:: Game ::

I put up Refuge on Sloan and run stuff up. I allow him to take pot shots at my foremost Firefly because if he does commit either the Seraph or the Angelius to this that beast will die.


He does go for it however his entire army pushes up. Thagrosh spend 5 fury points and is left on 2 in a bit of an interesting position.


I figure this is as good an opportunity as any to actually test out Sloan's assassination run so I decide to go for Thagrosh. I don't upkeep Refuge. The Fireflies run into position. Reinholdt Reloads me, Sloan moves up, casts Guided Fire and feats. 3 shots land on Thagrosh following 2 from the Fireflies, 1 of which gets a couple of boxes or so. When her activation is over he's left at 8 boxes with no transfers. Arlan gives Stormwall a focus, it moves up and blasts him away, with another shot + 2 Hunters remaining.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Not much to be said about this game compared to the last one. Sloan has so much firepower that you just have to respect it. It's important to know when I can and when I can't go for these plays. While Sloan feels very powerful, this army setup is all about quality with very little quantity. That means that runs like these can end up running out of steam before you realize it.

I did make a mental note that Legionnaires with +2 ARM from Thagrosh were kind of difficult to deal with. Their sheer numbers combined with my quality-over-quantity approach led to me having no effective options to clear them out, as far as I could see anyway. If armoured infantry becomes a thing I believe Sloan might need to consider some other elements to help better deal with this effectively. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar