lørdag 18. juni 2016

Battle Report #184: Haley2 vs Makeda2

:: Prologue ::

With 3 Sloan games I felt like taking out Haley again. I think my Skorne opponent appreciated playing something else than Sloan as well. The last game of the day then was Haley2 vs Makeda2.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Haley2
- Squire
- Stormwall
- Thorn
Junior
- Charger
Ragman
Gobber Tinker
Arlan Strangeways
Storm Lances (max)
Opponent:
Supreme Archdomina Makeda - WB: +24
-    Titan Cannoneer - PC: 0
-    Basilisk Krea - PC: 0
Mortitheurge Willbreaker - PC: 4
Tyrant Rhadeim - PC: 9
Praetorian Karax - Leader & 9 Grunts: 11
-    Praetorian Karax Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
Nihilators - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 3 Grunts: 5
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer - Tyrant & Bearer: 6
Praetorian Ferox - Leader & 4 Grunts: 21

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Same map and scenario. I go first. The idea this time around is to secure my flank mid-game, establish the Stormwall in the center and slowly start pressuring the scenario.


:: Game :: 

I love how I get the cavalry opposite the flank I intend to dominate because it reduces the jam-space. Neither of his infantry units are trivial to deal with for me so having Nihilators on my left flank is perfect. I send Haley towards the center with a TK + charge and move up according to my plan.


Skorne move up in return and put Tough on the Cavalry.


I put 2 focus and Temporal on Stormwall. The idea is to kill cav with shooting, magic and Storm Lances. Time Bomb takes out one. One Storm Lance misses but the other hits and kills. The Charger kills 1 but the Stormwall completely flukes and misses all 3 shots despite "only" needing 11+. I've covered just about his entire army in Shift.


Not a lot to do. Iron Zeal is popped and the Shield Wall boys move through covering fire without taking any casualties. Nihilators move closer and jam the Stormwall.


I want to establish the Stormwall in the middle and take out the Dragoon + remaining cav model there. To do so I have to clear out a couple of Nihilators and I don't have a lot of tools for the job. The Charger aims and takes out one but the second toughs. I then make a massive mistake as junior, who is easily in charge distance of Nihilators, decides to aim. He boosts but misses. Lances + Thorn clear out the rest and Stormwall has a path through. Despite Makeda trying her best she runs out of fury and both the cav model there and the Dragoon go down.


Nihilators take out junior and I lose Arcane Shield. Stormwall luckily survives on ~10-15 boxes as the Cannoneer isn't exactly tailor made to take it out.


I clear up the Cannoneer and e-leaps take a couple of more models. A boosted pod takes out the Nihilator jamming Arlan who kills a couple of Nihilators with spray (!).


Stormwall goes down but I am firmly in control of the game.


Thorn receives TK and Temporal and kills the enemy objective so that I move to 5-0.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Skorne has no decent reply to armor here and I manage to capitalize on that. Until I lose junior to a greedy mistake, that is. The truth is I had enough to deal with the Nihilators regardless and Arcane Shield is way more important regardless. 

That mistake aside I think I tackled the game well and quickly established my position which I was able to transition into a slow scenario trickle. I was ahead on attrition as well. 

I like how both of my lists play now and I'm eager to get more games in with them so I can master their positions and patterns. I have a long way to go but now I feel comfortable with my pair and the lists. That's a very good start! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar