tirsdag 28. juni 2016

Battle Report #201: Haley2 vs Krueger2

: Prologue ::

After an exciting game one in which we learned quite a bit on both sides, it was time for a rematch. Circle had learned to protect the infantry vs e-leaps and I had learned that I needed more space. Let's take a look at the second game.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Haley 2) Major Victoria Haley [+25]
 - Thorn [13]
 - Stormwall [39]
 - Squire [5]
 - Ironclad [12]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
 - Firefly [8]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [3]
Storm Lances (min) [12]
Opponent:
Krueger the Stormlord - WB: +27
- Feral Warpwolf - PC: 0
- Pureblood Warpwolf - PC: 8
- Warpwolf Stalker - PC: 19
Blackclad Wayfarer - PC: 4
Blackclad Wayfarer - PC: 4
Gallows Grove - PC: 2
Bloodweaver Night Witch - PC: 4
Bloodweaver Night Witch - PC: 4
Shifting Stones - Leader & 2 Grunts: 3
Warpborn Skinwalkers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 15
- Warpborn Skinwalker Alpha - PC: 4
Tharn Bloodweavers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 8

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

With the same map and scenario, I put Haley on the left side of the water this time, flanked by Lances. The Firefly went there as well, constrained by where I wanted junior. The rest stayed the same, the right flank worked excellently in game 1. Circle had Skinwalkers left and Tharn right this time.


:: Game ::

Circle runs up.


I see an opportunity to take out both Blackclads: 1 with Thorn arcing Bolt and the other with Stormwall shooting. I go for it and take them both out. I ensure that the Stormwall is out of non-warped Speed threat range this time around, and with the Blackclads gone it's actually theoretically impossible. The Lances take care to stay out of jam range of the Skinwalkers and Thorn + Ironclad take the Trench. Junior ensures over 21" away from the Pureblood.


The Beasts shuffle a bit and the Pureblood goes Spell Ward, the Stalker Prowl. Skinwalkers move up. Krueger is super offensive but camps 4 fury.


I spend 5-10 minutes looking for Krueger2 angles. In the end I give up because the infantry keeps my jacks from going in and doing their thing. There's simply no order of activation that lets me set it up like I have to in order to ensure a kill. Instead I look for the Feral, sending in the Stormwall and covering him with Shift. I took care to stay more than 4" away from the Stalker and 3" from the Pureblood to ensure that Krueger couldn't TK any beasts into the Stormwall in return. Lances charge and make a mess of the left flank. 1-0.


Assessing the situation my opponent concludes that it's hopeless and concedes the game.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Way better than the first game. I manage to find my angles and prevent trouble like in the first game. The clue was getting space for Haley. Having 2 lights, a heavy and a colossal, all more or less wanting to get into melee, is a totally different deal from the lists I played with her in Mk. 2. 

The Ironclad keeps impressing me. It brings so much to the table for its low cost of only 12 points. I definitely needs to be played more! So many options, such a long threat range with Haley and Lanyssa (who is also great by the way) and so troublesome to deal with. After all it's pretty much the least important of Haley's 3 jacks and that is a bit of a headache as it's still dishing out PS18 attacks and KDs, whereas the other 2 have either Dodge and decent DEF or ARM22 and tons of boxes. 

A great pair of games and my conclusion is that Haley2 still likely has game into Circle. Considering my dreadful experience with Sloan vs Wurmwood and the somewhat dicey matchup vs Kromac's tanky lineup that is good to know. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar