mandag 18. juli 2016

Battle Report #230: Sloan vs Makeda2

:: Prologue ::

Following the first game against the Ferox Fury, the Skorne list was tweaked a little to include even more of the things. How far can you push it? I think it might very well be a viable approach for Skorne to max out on these things with Makeda2. Let's see how Sloan handled 10 of the furious Ferox.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Captain Kara Sloan - WJ: +28
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator - PC: 4
- Firefly - PC: 8
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Stormwall - PC: 11
- Lightning Pod
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Gobber Tinker - PC: 2
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Opponent:
(Makeda 2) Supreme Archdomina Makeda [+24]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Praetorian Ferox (max) [21]
Praetorian Ferox (min) [21]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Tyrant Rhadeim [9]
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer [6]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Same scenario & map, Skorne moves first again. I took the opposite side this game. This time the idea was to have the Stormwall act as an anchor opposite Sloan and shut down the Ferox there. With ARM19 it should be able to weather them fairly well. I was just hoping I could kill the ones on the other flank and keep Sloan from getting killed.


:: Game ::

Ferox run up, taking care to have all in range of Stay Death.


Hunters move up. I get one Ferox reduced to 1 box. Lances realize that Riders attacking alone aren't that dangerous and thus stay at 16.6" instead of 18.1".


Makeda takes another turn setting up. No need to pull off the moves just yet.


This is the turn where I have to get as much work as possible. I send up the Firefly and shoot one of the Ferox to start the leaps. Sloan then feats and I pound shot after shot into the Ferox. I kill 2 and leave the rest on 1 box each. These things are so hard to bring down!


The left Ferox move into Lances. Right Ferox take out Firefly and start pounding Stormwall. Rhadeim commits to help out. One Hunter is left on one box: Its cortex.


Storm Lances clear out Ferox. Stormwall misses all its attacks barring one. At least Rhadeim was dead so no dodge. Sloan is boxed in.


Makeda moves to the flag and starts scoring. Feat goes up and tons of fury for Stay Death. Luckily for me the Ferox don't do -that- much to my Lances, killing but a single one.


I had hoped I could get the remaining Ferox in my lines this turn but no such luck. The Stormwall was also beginning to take some damage.


Stormwall is brought down to half boxes roughly. Ferox still a thing in my lines.


While I do finally get the last Ferox in my back lines, the other Ferox is still a problem. I'm also worried about my ability to contest scenario as my opponent's up 4-0 now. A lance moves to contest and a Hunter on 20 boxes runs in.


Makeda has to kill half a Stormwall, a Lance on 3 boxes and a Hunter. The remaining Ferox + Sentry take out the Stormwall, the Tyrant Commander kills the Lance and Makeda casts Storm Rager on herself to kill the Hunter. It all works out for Skorne and I lose 0-5 on scenario.

Sadly, a loss for the Swans.

:: Evaluation ::

Ferox and Stay Death is a thing. I'm positive we'll see many Skorne lists revolving around Makeda2. In terms of creating space, pushing and punishing a ranged list, they are perfect. While they might lack a bit of anti armour potential I'm not sure that's needed for her purposes, after all Skorne have plenty of other casters (Rasheth anyone?) that can handle this perfectly well.

In any case: Enough Skorne. This game showed that Arcane Shield might indeed be needed on the 'wall. It also shows how vulnerable I can be without Grievous Wounds. The Makeda list might be a bit extreme but I think it's solid and expect to see more variants like it.

Keep in mind that these two games were played before the Errata came out. Sloan's new feat might require new lists to fully capitalize on the changes.

Very interesting games today and lots of learning points! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar