fredag 5. mai 2017

Battle Report #511: Haley2 vs Ossrum

:: Prologue ::

For the second game of the Mercenaries test for Haley2 I was facing Ossrum. I got to go first again. The plan here was to force an engagement asap and get all his stuff jammed up good to provide a lot of space for Haley and Juniors in my back lines.

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
Cygnar - Technical Death Metal v6
[Theme] Heavy Metal
(Haley 2) Major Victoria Haley [+25]
- Cyclone [13]
- Stormwall [39]
- Thorn [13]
- Firefly [8]
- Squire [0]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [0]
Journeyman Warcaster [0]
- Charger [9]
Lieutenant Allison Jakes [4]
- Stormclad [18]
:: Opponent ::
General Ossrum - WJ: +28
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator - PC: 4
- Ghordson Driller - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Ghordson Driller - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Ghordson Driller - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8 )
- Grundback Gunner - PC: 6
- Grundback Gunner - PC: 6
- Grundback Gunner - PC: 6
- Grundback Gunner - PC: 6
- Grundback Gunner - PC: 6
- Grundback Blaster - PC: 6
- Grundback Blaster - PC: 6
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios - PC: 7
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 8
Horgenhold Artillery Corps - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 6
Horgenhold Artillery Corps - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 6

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

I place the Stormwall a bit off-center and deploy fairly tight.


:: Game ::

I cast Force Field and TK the Cyclone which runs up. Thorn goes super-far, with evasive action and Stockpile it's hard for my opponent to go for him.


Ossrum decides not to feat. I think this is a mistake, but I'll take it. Cyclone loses 9 boxes from an artillery thingy. Pew pew!


I TK one bunny and one heavy and send the Stormwall into them with TA. Haley hides behind a fort composed of Cyclone, Stormclad and Firefly. I catch everything in my feat.


It's a really bad position for Ossrum attrition-wise and scenario-wise. My conclusion at least is that he should have feated. In any case my opponent goes for a play where he needs to kill the Cyclone and then have enough left to kill Haley. It's a bit of a long shot but he makes it and Haley dies.

Sadly, a Loss for the Swans. 

:: Evaluation ::

Fort Haley is still hard to create correctly and sufficiently strong. However I think that there's definitely game here, it's just about learning to set this up properly.

The Stormwall and Thorn play worked well. The problem with my Fort was mainly that the Cyclone was already damaged. I played it too aggressively top of 1, kind of uncalled for.

I guess this game is a little different if you go second instead of first, but so long as you get the 'wall and Thorn into the thick of it and cover them with feat there's a pretty good play.

At the end of the day Haley2 feels playable, but she is worse than e.g. Sloan. Sloan however feels like she struggles into infantry-heavy Cephalyx, so it's good to know that I can fall back to Haley2 if I see them around.

3 kommentarer:

  1. What is your experience with infantry-heavy Cephalyx trying to kill Sloan's Stormwall? I find the match-up very bad for Cephalyx, but maybe I'm not seeing something?

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thexus removing Arcane Shield with Hex Blast is a big issue. There are too many dudes I believe if you max out on Drudges.

      Slett
    2. I knew I was missign some important bit. Yes, Hex Blast of course.

      Slett