mandag 15. mai 2017

Internal Affairs Mk. XI Game 1 (#521): Haley2 vs Deneghra1

:: Prologue ::

This weekend we had a team tournament at our local club. My team was one of the Norwegian WTC teams and together with 4 other teams we played a different format where everyone meets everyone. This is different from a normal tournament and ensures that you get a lot of games despite being relatively few teams.

The tournament allowed full CID access. I took the TimeStorm™ list I've played with Haley2 recently accompanied by my trusted Sloan list. I had originally intended to try out the Hurricane with Sloan but I wanted a decent mirror drop and here the Stormwall is still superior for Sloan in my opinion.

For our first game I got paired up against a somewhat unconventional Cryx list: Deneghra1 in Ghost Fleet with lots of incorporeal stuff, but no pirates!

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
"TimeStorm"
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Hurricane - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
Storm Strider - PC: 18
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Reliant - PC: 14
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
:: Opponent ::
Deneghra1 Ghost Fleet
- Deathripper x2
- Stalker x2
- Inflictor
Wraith Engine x2
Pistol Wraith x2
Machine Wraith x2
Blackbanes (max)
Revenant Weapon Crew

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario was The Pit 2 and Deneghra won the roll-off. My opponent deployed heavily skewed on the right flank. I didn't want to give up my magic-attack granting objective so I deployed opposite him.


:: Game ::

Deneghra runs her stuff up, Wraith Engines being careful and Blackbanes taking ground in the center.


I thank the Blackbanes for clumping together: The Hurricane kills a few with its guns and Haley Time Bombs the trench to kill 4 more.


Deneghra goes for an alpha feat on the Storm Strider. Unfortunately for my opponent he needed a Stalker to finish the job. It was exactly 13" out so once it made one attack it bounced back out.


Deneghra had to ghost walk the Stalker for it to get into the Strider and together with Parasite and allocation this meant she was out of focus. She didn't catch Thorn in her feat so I ran him up and nuked Deneghra with Haley. The Hurricane finished her off with his AOE4 cannons, killing her before all the electro leap models could start doing their thing.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Quick game! Cryx made a few positional mistakes which let me get a pretty big start. The double Wraith Engine is scary, however it's something I can deal with. With no pirate recursion around I don't have to deal with a thousand things at once.

The decision to keep the right flank so defensive allowed me to gain some table space on the right flank without exposing any crucial elements unnecessarily. Yes, the Strider did have to move within 13" of a Stalker to get within 4" of the objective, however neither Wraith Engine could run and engage it. They were too cautious turn 1 I believe.

I really want to try this out against a proper Ghost Fleet list. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity soon!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar