mandag 15. mai 2017

Internal Affairs Mk. XI Game 2 (#522): Sloan vs Krueger2

:: Prologue ::

For our second game we ran into the other Norwegian WTC team. Long story short they gave me Circle and this meant Sloan would come out. I received Krueger2 and off we went.

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
Cygnar - Firing Solution v4
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Armory - Steamroller Objective
Captain Kara Sloan - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 0
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
- Lightning Pod
- Firefly - PC: 8
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Hunter - PC: 11
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Hammersmith - PC: 12
:: Opponent ::
Krueger the Stormlord - WB: +27
- Pureblood Warpwolf - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 17)
- Feral Warpwolf - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Woldwyrd - PC: 9
- Woldwyrd - PC: 9
Gallows Grove - PC: 0
War Wolf - PC: 2
War Wolf - PC: 2
War Wolf - PC: 2Wolves of Orboros - Leader & 9 Grunts: 11
- Wolves of Orboros Chieftain & Standard - Chieftain & Standard Bearer: 0
Reeves of Orboros - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Reeves of Orboros - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
THEME: The Wild Hunt

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We were playing Breakdown and Krueger took first turn. My plan was to stay tight so as not to get screwed over by Ambushers.


:: Game :: 

Krueger casts Windstorm and charges up. His beasts run in front of him, into the trench...


Literally every heavy gun in my list can see Krueger since models in a trench don't block LoS to those behind. I feat and kill Krueger...


It turns out my opponent had received one job: Don't let me grab any CPs! The matchup was deemed so terrible that they agreed to just throw him under the bus completely. The "mistake" of letting me have LoS to Krueger was indeed intentional.

2 short games. Oh well, at least I got to take a picture of everyone else playing (this is our local club, by the way):


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Not much to say about this game. I will say though that a game is practically never 0%. We had CP as the second tie breaker so getting the mission to prevent CP scored seems extreme. Sloan is very strong into Circle and neither of the counters they have were present in my opponent's pairing. If it were me I'd still take my chances I think. Unfortunately our team lost again so we were 0-2 for the day.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I think you may have mentioned the reason somewhere else, but why not swap the Journeyman's Hunter with Kara's Firefly?

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I think there are still enough matchups which are dodgy for Kara due to infantry. The Firefly in her BG greatly helps shore up that weakness. Additionally I find that I close to never boost absolutely everything with her battlegroup on feat, and as such what I lose by swapping the Hunter to Junior feels negligible.

      Slett