lørdag 20. mai 2017

Battle Report #525: Sloan vs Baldur2

:: Prologue ::

I'm a couple of reports behind now so it's time to get back up to date :) First up is an encounter between Sloan and Baldur2, the latter with CID Fulcrums!

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
Cygnar - Firing Solution v4
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Armory - Steamroller Objective
Captain Kara Sloan - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 0
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
- Lightning Pod
- Firefly - PC: 8
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Hunter - PC: 11
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Hammersmith - PC: 12
:: Opponent ::
Baldur2
- Woldwrath
- 3x Woldwyrd
2x Fulcrum
2x Stoneshaper
Blackclad Wayfarer
Shifting Stones

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Baldur wins the roll-off and goes first. My plan is to feat early and establish control on the left flank.


:: Game ::

Stuff runs up. Baldur puts up Roots on all huge bases.


I feat to kill the left engine and start working on the 'wrath. Dice are poor though, much to my dismay.


Baldur's forces start shifting left. No Rock Wall is put up so my Stormwall can charge his 'wrath.


I pour all my shooting and the 'wall in melee into the Woldwrath. It survives on way too many boxes compared to what it should have had now. Hammersmith is put up nearby.


While my dice are bad, Circle dice are hot. The 'wall goes down and with that, the game is basically over. I don't have enough power to take it out and deal additional damage to the Circle forces, which I really needed. If my Stormwall had lived on a couple of boxes I would be good to go, but without it this game is dead.

Sadly, a Loss for the Swans. 

:: Evaluation ::

Baldur2 is in my opinion the hardest caster to face for Cygnar. I think I prefer Sloan against him, but as with so many other matchups this is incredibly dicey. You have to jump on the openings presented to you and hope for the best. In this game I had two iffy turns in a row while Circle healed insane amounts and got the damage rolls needed to cripple me in return. I think the Woldwrath letting the Stormwall charge him was uncalled for and Circle could possibly have found a better position by backing off a little bit and let the shooting do some work. The second turn could've sent the shrimps up in front behind a rock wall with feat for example.

The CID Fulcrum is interesting for Baldur2. Two of these provide less melee presence than a second Woldwrath, but the shooting game becomes so much stronger. Provided you can afford to keep Roots up on all huge bases, the durability is comparable as well.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar