lørdag 5. desember 2015

Battle Report #26 - Haley2 vs Makeda3 (50)

:: Prologue ::

Later tonight I got to face Skorne. A friend is trying out Makeda3. I've never played her before and was, as ever, eager to face something new. I had no idea what I was getting into but I had some thoughts as I saw tons of heavies in his list...

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +5
- Squire
- Stormwall - PC: 19
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 8
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Alexia2 - PC: 4
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team - Lynch, Ryan & Watts: 4
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - Officer 2
Tactical Arcanist Corp - Leader & 2 Grunts: 4
Opponent:
Makeda - WB: +2
- the Exalted Court
- Bronzeback Titan - PC: 10
- Molik Karn - PC: 11
- Titan Gladiator - PC: 8
Agonizer - PC: 2
Tyrant Zaadesh - PC: 3
- Cyclops Brute - PC: 5
- Titan Sentry - PC: 9
Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 3 Grunts: 2

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

When I see melee-heavy armies relying on single models such as Warbeasts I usually look for tricks that give them some kind of game into Haley. This is, in my experience, her best typical matchup in terms of army type. In Makeda3 and this list, I found none. I was curious as to how Skorne would approach this. We were playing Outflank and he took T1. I pre-deployed Stormwall centrally and moved everything else barring Thorn and Alexia to his weak flank, intending to dominate and feat T2.

The flat pieces are hills.

:: Game ::

Skorne ran up. Don't think he cast anything of note.


I ran in return and didn't anything of note, either. I just put things roughly where I expected them to be needed T2.


A bit of a cautious advance....


...sets me up to just blast away. I take out the junior beastlock, Agonizer and one of the wild warbeasts. ATGM push things out, Haley feats and hits the entire rest of the army and I move to 2-0.


Skorne were not even able to contest me which automatically meant it was game over. Alexia was contesting his zone so he simply conceded.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

I don't think much can be said for this game, very typical Haley, really. Now that he'd tried it, we wanted to try it again with Cygnar going first to see if the matchup is playable at all for Skorne (something we both doubted to be honest).

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar