torsdag 10. desember 2015

Battle Report #30 - Haley2 vs Morvahna2 (50)

:: Prologue ::

I played twice vs Morvahna today. Originally I was intending to use Stryker1 but my opponent didn't want to face double Stormwall. That meant Haley was brought out again. Haley vs Morvahna is an interesting matchup with lots of tricks on both sides for sure!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +5
- Squire
- Stormwall - PC: 19
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 8
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Alexia2 - PC: 4
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team - Lynch, Ryan & Watts: 4
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - Officer 2
Tactical Arcanist Corp - Leader & 2 Grunts: 4

Opponent:
Morvahna the Dawnshadow - WB: +5
- Ghetorix - PC: 11
- Pureblood Warpwolf - PC: 9
- Warpwolf Stalker - PC: 10
Blackclad Wayfarer - PC: 2
Gallows Grove - PC: 1
Druids of Orboros - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7
- Druid of Orboros Overseer - Overseer 2
Shifting Stones - Leader & 2 Grunts: 2
Warpborn Skinwalkers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 8
- Warpborn Alpha - PC: 3

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We were playing Recon and I won the roll-off. I placed ATGM + Stormwall centrally, Haley + TAC + B13th on my right and Thorn + Alexia left. Circle responded with a fairly symmetrical deployment with the Druids on the right flank near some woods.


:: Game ::

I wasted no time sending the Stormwall up hard, the rest of the army followed suit with Thorn + Alexia grabbing cover from Effigy and Haley taking cover from a wall with TAC.


The Circle response is swift and aggressive. Fog of War went up.


I decided to go for gold here: I reckoned I could get Ghetorix with the Stormwall. I forgot about unyielding but I rolled well and he went down. Alexia was on full souls and Druids got reduced a ton by Mage Storm. Haley had feated and sat behind the Effigy. My opponent conceded and we decided to go for a second game instead.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

When Stormwall goes up a lot and the response is to go up equally hard the ATGM are usually able to push stuff out of the way and thus secure a devastating alpha. While I was lucky to kill Ghetorix because of unyielding I probably could've taken out the Pureblood quite safely instead. With the feat I think that's pretty bad as well. 

Since the game was so short and shaped by this dynamic there's not a whole lot more to be said I feel. Going aggressive vs Haley can be done but you have to know what you're doing and beware those ATGM clearing angles!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar