torsdag 4. august 2016

Battle Report #247: Haley2 vs Thyra

:: Prologue ::

After a very long game 1 it was time to go at it again. This time we chose more of a live scenario to see how Thyra might cope with that.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Haley 2) Major Victoria Haley [+25]
- Thorn [13]
- Stormwall [39]
- Squire [5]
- Ironclad [12]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
- Minuteman [9]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Gobber Tinker [2]Storm Lances (min) [12]
Opponent:
Thyra, Flame of Sorrow - WJ: +29
-    Hierophant - PC: 3
-    Scourge of Heresy - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
-    Blood of Martyrs - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
Avatar of Menoth - PC: 20
Allegiant of the Order of the Fist - PC: 3
Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1
Vassal of Menoth - PC: 3
Wrack - PC: 1
Gorman Di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist - PC: 4
Kell Bailoch - PC: 5
Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Flame Bringers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 17
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 8
-    Attendant Priest - PC: 3

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario was Outlast and Thyra chose to move second. I deploy heavily on one side, intending to either attrition or move to a "you-can't-contest-me" classic Haley2 style top of 2.


:: Game ::

Stuff runs up. I expect Ironclad having to take the duty as a contest piece.


Flame Bringers go far behind so as to dodge my likely feat range. Avatar on the opposite flank with Gorman, Aiyana & Holt. Wise from game 1, my opponent Strangleholds the Minuteman.


I proxy-base a possible position I can hold to deny my opponent a contest possibility but it doesn't work: Kell and Thyra with Stranglehold can kill it and it's just not worth it: The PoM position is too passive so I'm better off attritioning. I put TA on the Stormwall, pull everything back and make sure the Ironclad is basically unkillable. The Stormwall puts the hurt on the central beatstick, doing 17 or so boxes.


Now a big advantage of not rushing offensive with Haley2 top of 2 in this scenario is that your opponent has to contest you for a top of 3 move. That is kind of hard here. Thyra goes for a play where she casts Stranglehold on the 'wall twice and it works: I'm stuck. Jacks move in.


Well the good news is that this is a pretty good time to feat anyway so the 'wall can shoot. I pulled the Minuteman back so he gets fully fueled now as well. The pew pew is real and a beatstick dies with a second taking massive damage as well. I clear out the monk and set up my pieces to counter a contest play as best as I can. Ironclad kills Gorman. 2-0.


Flame Bringers do their best to contest. Jacks move in a little following another successful stranglehold (this time following Kiss).


Minuteman + Stormwall shoot down another heavy, Thorn disrupts avatar, Flame Bringers get cleared out and my opponent concedes the game as I move to 4-0.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

As I anticipated the addition of a scenario element that is live made things way tougher for Thyra. The lack of speed, shenanigans and ranged presence combine to allow Haley to do whatever she wants basically and that's what inevitably gives me a win on attrition. 

The Minuteman participated with a lot of damage here and it was interesting to see that if I just held it back I had a tremendous amount of flexibility in terms of where and when I could help out my lines defensively. It was also good to see that the combined firepower I have here is enough to downright murder heavies before they get in. With Thorn for disruption as well the jacks were just never even close to threaten the 'wall, despite 2 successful, consecutive Strangleholds. 

I love that Thyra got a buff but I fail to see how she can be tailored into Haley2 to be honest. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar