tirsdag 9. august 2016

Battle Report #251: Haley2 vs Coven

:: Prologue ::

Cryx is a faction I rarely get to play against but for a couple of days I have a friend staying at my plays. It so happens he's playing Cryx so I've arranged for a handful of games! First up was Haley2 vs Coven.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Haley 2) Major Victoria Haley [+25]
- Thorn [13]
- Stormwall [39]
- Squire [5]
- Ironclad [12]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
- Minuteman [9]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Gobber Tinker [2]
Storm Lances (min) [12]
Opponent:
The Witch Coven of Garlghast - WJ: +26
-    Egregore
-    The Withershadow Combine - Maelovus, Admonia & Tremulus: 9
-    Barathrum - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
-    Stalker - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 😎
-    Deathripper - PC: 6 (Battlegroup Points Used: 3)
Machine Wraith - PC: 2
Bane Riders - Leader & 2 Grunts: 12
Bane Riders - Leader & 2 Grunts: 12
Soulhunters - Leader & 4 Grunts: 18
Satyxis Raiders - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
-    Satyxis Raider Sea Witch - PC: 3

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We are playing Recon and Cryx seize the initiative. My idea is to stall scenario openings for him and slowly attrition him down. I don't see what he can effectively do against the 'wall here.


:: Game ::

Cryx run up. My opponent is a little afraid to commit and thus ends up far behind. I question the move and we discuss it briefly but sometimes you just have to play things out to see how it ends up.


I try and capitalize on the opening I've been given by claiming the right flank, shutting down any moves he might want to make there, while putting Ironclad and Thorn ready to intervene on the other flank. Stormwall runs up to buy me space.


Cryx move up and a couple of models jam me but I have a feeling it's not enough. We discuss this for a bit too but the T1 positioning doesn't allow for anything resembling an effective jam.


The idea is to make a decisive alpha by clearing out the 'wall and have it charge barathrum under feat. I do this and it works out very well. I also kill a ton of models on the right flank.


Coven feat and move up but it's kind of too late. Too few models left and no scenario pressure.


I clear out most of his remaining models and get Haley away to safety.


Cryx look for assassination angles but there are none. Since I have 0 models contesting the zone he could conceivable have gone for a scenario move but I don't see how he gets to 5 points. My opponent gives up.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

It's usually not a good idea for Cryx to hit the brakes vs Haley2. This game was no exception and it shows that you can't give Haley an inch. My list is fragile and doesn't cope well with losing models. When I can move up the table as I want on top of that without being in threat ranges or facing scenario pressure it's just an extremely hard game for Cryx.

I've never played Coven before and I think their feat might've been more of a biggie if the push had been more aggressive coupled with an early feat. A very interesting caster! I think Haley2 is up still because of the combination of threat ranges, lack of ARM-answer from Cryx and better scenario play.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar