tirsdag 9. august 2016

Battle Report #253: Haley2 vs Deneghra1

:: Prologue ::

I had 2 games vs Deneghra1 today. One with Haley2 and one with Caine2. Following yesterday's games with Haley2 and Coven it was time to try another flavour of Cryx! First up: Haley2.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Haley 2) Major Victoria Haley [+25]
- Thorn [13]
- Stormwall [39]
- Squire [5]
- Ironclad [12]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
- Minuteman [9]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Gobber Tinker [2]
Storm Lances (min) [12]
Opponent:
(Deneghra 1) Warwitch Deneghra [+28]
 - Kraken [36]
 - Deathripper [6]
Croe's Cutthroats (max) [16]
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (max) [19]
Soul Trapper [1]
Wrong Eye [17]
 - Snapjaw0]
Necrotech [2]
Necrotech [2]
Warwitch Siren [4]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario is Line Breaker and I move first. I want to get control of one unit of infantry as soon as possible so as not to deal with a flurry of shots that have me at -5 armour on his feat turn.


:: Game ::

The Satyxis proxy as Croe's. I figure they are the easiest to put pressure on because they can't CRA so I start on the left. The Minuteman moves towards the right to ensure that if he wants to advance the Nyss they could be in trouble.


Cryx advance on all flanks!


Stormwall moves to 12.1" away from Kraken, pod to the left and I leap to kill 3 Cutthroats. I throw up Deflection and TK the Minuteman which goes in to kill 4-5 Nyss.


Arc Node runs up and throws Crippling Grasp on the 'wall, Parasite on Ironclad. Shooting ensues, I don't lose boxes at all as the Kraken has a love for 1s and 2s. Cutthroats put 3 boxes on a Lance. Crucially, Nyss leave the Minuteman on 4 boxes!


I want to put scenario pressure on Cryx so I charge the objective with a TA Stormwall. The Minuteman clears the Nyss with Flak Field and takes the flag. The Lances leap 3 more Cutthroats and Haley feats. Ironclad kills Snapjaw. 2-0.


Deneghra counter-feats and this time I lose 20-25 boxes on the 'wall. Wrongeye has to contest the right flag.


I take the flag on the left with the Lances and the one on the right after I TK Wrongeye and kill him with Ironclad. 4-0.


Cryx can't contest the right flag without running the Kraken and there are no angles to kill Haley so the game is over.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

I can definitely see Deneghra1 still being one of Cryx's best casters. What enabled me to take this game home fairly easily was the enormous amount of damage I managed to put on him on -both- flanks. If Deneghra had managed to conserve these better and added their weight to her feat I could very well have been in trouble.

It's probably a trick matchup to play I think but the Ironclad is a piece which does a lot of work for Haley2 here. The crippling grasp *will* land on the 'wall, there is nothing you can do about that. While that is painful, it means it must resort to shooting as its primary strength and the rest of the list needs to get work done. They are more than capable of doing so and indeed the 'wall didn't do that much on his own this game.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar