søndag 1. januar 2017

Battle Report #386: Sloan vs Una2

:: Prologue ::

For the very last game of 2016 I played Sloan into Una2. Ideally another game of Haley3 vs Una2 would be more interesting but I didn't have time for a full, 2-hour game so Sloan it was!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Sloan 1) Captain Kara Sloan [+28]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Rangers [9]
Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Alexia Ciannor & the Risen [10]
Opponent:
Una2
- Pureblood
- 6x Scarsfell Griffon
2x Ogrun Bokur
Bloodtrackers
2x Sentry Stone
1x Shifting Stones

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Same map and scenario. Again I win the roll-off and go first.


:: Game ::

This is a lot easier than Sloan: Move up, threaten stuff, shoot, protect Sloan.


Una creates a fort behind Sentry Stones.


I use Armory to give a Hunter magical shots. Arlan provides another with the same. Sloan's 2 shots are shield guarded. One Hunter kills a stone. The other brings it down to a box or two. Alexia summons a Thrall which does the rest. Note to self: Consider killing a Ranger top of 1 to spawn something far up with Alexia top of 2.


Una goes for the jamming play. Unfortunately my positioning is rather crap and some of the jams are very hard to deal with.


I get greedy and have sub-par dice rolls. I do clear a couple of birds but it's just so bad. Una's probably won attrition at this point because she can shred all the Trenchers more or less.


In the interest of seeing how vulnerable Sloan was (and me being short on time) my opponent goes for an assassination. Crap rolls are the name of the game again unfortunately for him and I survive on 10 boxes!


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Undeserved, but I'll take it. Unfortunately my feat turn decisions are poorly shown in a picture format. The long story short is that I got too greedy and decided not to tank free strikes but rather go for as many birds as possible, saving the GMCA etc. This issue was compounded by the fact that my position was very "jammable" and the dice on attack rolls were crap when I feated. Regardless, this is all something I could've dealt with.

In itself this is an interesting matchup but I doubt we'll see much of it. Sloan has little game into Wurmwood.

I wish you all a happy new year! 2016 was an amazing year for me as far as Warmachine is concerned. I played a lot of tournaments, had multiple big event wins and met a lot of great people. I look forward to 2017 and hope it will be great! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar