tirsdag 3. januar 2017

Battle Report #387 & #388: Nemo3 vs Issyria

:: Prologue ::

As some of my recent reports have shown, Sloan is often so dependent on getting the right dice rolls on her feat turn. It can be frustrating when that doesn't work and it often feels too tight.

Because of that I wanted to try out Nemo3 for a few games. It's a caster which has been on my radar for some time. Let's try it out in practice!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Nemo 3) Artificer General Nemo [+25]
 - Storm Chaser Adept Caitlin Finch
 - Stormwall [39]
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
 - Firefly [8]
Major Katherine Laddermore [8]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Storm Lances (min) [12]
Opponent:
(Issyria 1) Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn [+29]
 - Hyperion [36]
 - Phoenix [18]
House Vyre Electromancers [8]
House Vyre Electromancers [8]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Elara, Tyro of the Third Chamber [4]
 - Discordia [18]
Mage Hunter Assassin [4]
Mage Hunter Assassin [4]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Retribution on Incursion. Obviously Discordia is bad news for my list. However it's not necessarily disastrous, I just need to position myself so that it's hard for her to cover everything while remaining relevant in the scenario. Furthermore the imprint doesn't help vs leaps so if I can get an angle to take her out quickly the rest of the shooting becomes a lot more dangerous. I deploy fairly symmetrically and intend to move my models according to Retribution's T1.

Also, a couple of proxies: Stryker3 is Laddermore, Haley2 is Nemo3, Arlan is Finch.


:: Game ::

I run stuff up and cast Electrify on the big Storm Lances. The two MHAs in the middle of the table ensure that I remain somewhat cautious. Shield on the 'wall.


Issyria runs her stuff up, putting Phoenix on a hill to blinding light the Stormwall.


Discordia is closer to the Phoenix than Hyperion is. I hatch a plan: Feat and kill both heavies. I start off with the GMCA firing a flare onto Phoenix. I then follow up with tons of electrical damage. Some of the lightning generator shots leap all the way to Issyria, seriously wounding her. The Phoenix goes down before Discordia does and this allows me to target Discordia with the remaining Lightning Generator attacks, only needing 3+ to hit Issyria. She dies to this before the big lances have even activated.

With a brutal lesson learned we re-racked and went at it again.


Issyria is trying more of a skew now. I respond a lot like I did in the first game.


Issyria is more cautious this time. The left flank holds all electrobros and both MHAs.


I can't really launch an alpha now but I can stall the game quite well: Send in 2 Lances for Hyperion, shuffle the center, set up for scenario unless Retribution tries to get some work done.


The heavy jacks come out to play. The damage dealt is negligible.


I feat again and this time Discordia goes down fast. Being able to target her is a big deal in this matchup. This leaves Issyria as the closest target to Hyperion and she takes a little tumble off the cliff again.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

A very interesting list to play! I'm happy with the composition and the way it plays. I do miss an arc node and it does feel like I'm a little short on models but you can't have it all.

Retribution is an interesting opponent. In the long run I'm looking at Nemo3 to complement Haley3 and that leaves Retribution as one of his possible matchups. This definitely felt playable. Issyria was a little too exposed here but to be honest she has a ton of squishy models and it's impossible to protect them all.

A great start for the new list! Also, I do believe this is the first I play Nemo3.


9 kommentarer:

  1. Is the stormwall for the pod mainly? I mean, Nemo3 without Dynamo seems... strange to me. Maybe go Hurricane when able?

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. The pod and the inherent defensive capabilities. In matchups like High Reclaimer I imagine the Stormwall will come well into its own!

      Slett
  2. A ton of squishy models is 8 including both heavies and Issyria.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I mean that besides the Colossal and the electricity immune electromancers there are 8 models in the list. Are those the squishy ones? :)

      Slett
    2. Weeell everything is relative, my point is that it's hard-to-impossible for Issyria to create a lightning barrier. Obviously Hyperion isn't squishy but the heavies go down too easily on my feat turn.

      Slett
  3. Love seeing Nemo 3 !
    If you were to drop one of the stormlances. what would you replace it with ? Was thinking of a Centurion by dropping the GMCA. Or a plain simple Ironclad, And keeping the GMCA for lances + FFly + ladermore combo ?
    Put it simple. How mandatory do you think the min Stormlance unit is ?

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I don't like Centurions in general. I am an aggressive player by nature and they are anything but.

      The second Storm Lance unit is vital. I'd want to max them out if I could change them. I'll get back to discussing variants of the list soon ish. I have tons of theory I want to write about but not enough time to do so ^^. Running Nemo3 without 2 units of Storm Lances however is something I have not considered yet and likely will not either. As always though a lot of what the list does should depend on what you want it to deal with.

      Slett
  4. He's right they are very important. I run 2 max units. Keep the reports coming :)

    SvarSlett