fredag 13. januar 2017

Battle Report #394: Nemo3 vs Vayl2

:: Prologue ::

I got in two games against Legion yesterday. This was before the theme force release. My last two games vs Circle showed me an annoying weakness in the list which is becoming more and more clear to me as I get more games in: The sheer volume of firepower and lightning simply doesn't feel like it's enough. Even on feat turns I sometimes sit and think to myself: "Eh, is that it?" Legion would be an appropriate test!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Nemo 3) Artificer General Nemo [+25]
- Storm Chaser Adept Caitlin Finch
- Stormwall [39]
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
- Firefly [8]
Major Katherine Laddermore [8]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Storm Lances (min) [12]
Opponent:
Vayl2
- Typhon
- Angelius
- Carnivean
- Blood Seer
- Seraph
2x Ambushing solos with drag-shooting
Fury management dudes
Hellmouth

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We are playing Extraction and Cygnar's taking first turn. The idea is to basically get the Lances up the field asap and work from there.


:: Game ::

I run right Lances up as far as I can. Left Lances chill a bit more, wary of the Hellmouth there. I want it dead top of 2.


Vayl runs her things up. Typhon with healing and Carnivean with Spiny Growth. Angelius jams small lances and receives Admonition.


Excessive healing or not, POW16 boosted hurts! The plan is to kill the Typhon and Carnivean and boost a Pod on the Angelius. Nemo and the Stormwall take out the Hellmouth and start doing damage to Typhon, no healing from electro leaps help me out here. The Angelius takes the bait and uses Admonition to escape the Lances in melee once I cross the fence, so I shoot up the pod and leave it on a few boxes. Laddermore and the big Lances shoot down the Typhon and Carnivean following the Firefly running up and the GMCA flaring it, with Junior finishing off the Angelius.


Vayl is left with what Vayl typically does: Assassination. I am camping quite a few focus and have cover so the run fails to connect and I survive. She obviously concedes the game.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

This game highlights what happens when you don't know/understand Nemo3. Currently he isn't popular enough for people to truly understand him to status quo is that this "gotcha" part of his play will be online. Anyway, the opening here is that Legion leaves Typhon in the open basically. Suddenly I get the direct hits from the Lances, not just the leaps. That helps tremendously on the damage output on my feat turn and coupled with GMCA Flare and Laddermore +2 RAT they suddenly hit DEF13 quite comfortably.

Ironically Legion can bypass this by playing just a little more aggressively I think, grabbing cover near the Hellmouth for example could be legit, with Admonition he'd be pretty safe. The thing is that against threats like that I only have one solution and that is feat. If I blow the feat it'll be very hard to take him out because Admonition renders the Firefly very hard to connect with its +2 and ARM18 with a lot of boxes isn't trivial to run through without that.

To conclude I think this matchup is closer once Vayl learns it. Dealing with the feat is a good start. Following that she needs to solve the Stormwall issue. Not sure if that can effectively be done. Anyway an interesting game and it yet again showed me how hard landing a proper alpha is, without the glaring mistakes here I would've been forced to chill for a turn and I have no idea how hard Legion would've hit me bottom of 2 then. Knowing Everblight's spawn, probably quite hard...

1 kommentar:

  1. Stryker3 proxy for Laddermore had me confused at first lol. Nice write up and good game

    SvarSlett