søndag 29. januar 2017

Norwegian Masters #3 (#407): Stryker3 vs Karchev

:: Prologue ::

For my third game I got Khador. I saw Karchev in the pairing and immediately saw an opening to drop Stryker3! The second caster was Sorscha1 with a colossal. Does he dare drop that into me, potentially facing Nemo3? I doubt it, besides Karchev screams comfort pick in this pairing. Stryker, show me what you've got!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Stryker 3) Lord General Coleman Stryker [+28]
- Thorn [13]
- Gallant [17]
- Squire [5]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Storm Lances (min) [12]
Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
Archduke Alain Runewood, Lord of Fharin [4]
Opponent:
Theme: Winter Guard Kommand
(Karchev 1) Karchev the Terrible [+30]
 - Juggernaut [12]
 - Juggernaut [12]
 - Juggernaut [12]
 - Marauder [10]
 - Marauder [10]
 - Devastator [14]
 - Kodiak [13]
 - Kodiak [13]
Battle Mechaniks (min) [3]
Winter Guard Infantry (min) [6]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We are playing Take and Hold. I just need to win the starting roll here and I think we could have ourselves a good game. I manage to do this and it's all about thundering up the field now. 


:: Game ::

Fury on right Trenchers. I anticipate possibly feating top of 2 and I want to have scenario angles if my opponent doesn't push up in return. I ensure every single model has solid attack angles if Karchev pushes full speed ahead...


...which he does! Counter-charge goes up.


This might seem like a no-brainer, and indeed it is, but counter-charge angles are problematic. I also have to ensure maximum damage output. This turn takes me a full half hour to play. However I do play it fairly well and the carnage wrought is absolutely glorious with heavies going down left, right and center!


I have, unfortunately, been a little careless. In my eagerness to get Stryker's feat covering everything I am 10.5" away from the central juggernauts instead of 11.1". I'm sure I could've managed this better, just a poor mistake really. Lady luck smiles on me though, my opponents needs a couple of things going his way to clear e.g. Thorn in his way. Some Trenchers have learned to tough though and this messes up all his angles. Stryker's safe and my opponent hasn't really managed to make a proper punch in return! Phew!


On top of all the misery Khador's already in, Karchev killboxed himself. Trenchers with Fury activate and charge stuff, I cycle Fury to Lances and place Stryker on my flag. Few Khador models are left alive.


My opponent spends about a minute contemplating the situation and concedes the game.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

A perfect pairing from a strategical point of view. Letting me drop Stryker3 makes it so much easier in the final couple of games. The execution in this game was also pretty good as well, the sole mistake I made of any significance was placing Stryker too close to the Juggernauts. Luckily it didn't matter in the end but it could very well have cost me the game. So unnecessary.

Karchev might very well still be a thing. Theme force allows spammable, quality jacks. That is problematic, or at least it could be. It's no Mad Dogs though so it'll be interesting to see just how strong it is!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar