søndag 15. januar 2017

Internal Affairs Mk. VII Game 3 (#398): Nemo3 vs Issyria

:: Prologue ::

For my third game I got Retribution in Recon. My opponent fielded Issyria and Kaelyssa. No doubt here: Nemo3 all the way! He's so good into Retribution it almost feels like cheating. I was expecting Kaelyssa with double Sentinels in return because with feat + minifeat I expect him to buy some time really. That didn't happen though, Issyria was the drop. Bring it!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Theme: Storm Division
(Nemo 3) Artificer General Nemo [+25]
- Storm Chaser Adept Caitlin Finch
- Squire [0]
- Firefly [8]
- Firefly [8]
- Firefly [8]
- Dynamo [18]
- Lancer [10]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Storm Lances (min) [12]
Major Katherine Laddermore [8]
Journeyman Warcaster [0]
- Firefly [8]
Opponent:
(Issyria 1) Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn [+29]
 - Hyperion [36]
 - Phoenix [18]
House Vyre Electromancers [8]
House Vyre Electromancers [8]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Elara, Tyro of the Third Chamber [4]
 - Discordia [18]
Mage Hunter Assassin [4]
Mage Hunter Assassin [4]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Recon and I move first. Easy plan is easy: Get stuff up, flank with Lances. buy board space.


:: Game ::

I run stuff up. I don't care about MHAs on the right flank. They want to kill 2 Lances? Fine, they are toast and not a worry any longer.


Retribution goes all-out in return! Heavies and Hyperion move up, one MHA commits (but fluffs his attack roll, lulz), electrobros try and block paths.


Why does Nemo3 feel like cheating into Retribution? Because before I finished this turn my opponent had lost Hyperion, Discordia, half the Phoenix and had no angles for Nemo. He conceded the game immediately, I hadn't even activated all of my models. How does this happen? Well, a Firefly charged Hyperion, ensuring he had Discordia within 5". Nemo feats and puts a boosted Chain Lightning into said Disco, which is 4d6 damage dice off 6. From there on it's just a ton of stuff, targeting Discordia first. When she goes down Dynamo does what Dynamo does best and does like 30 or so boxes to Hyperion. It falls shortly thereafter.

It truly is ridiculous how much this list hurts against Retribution.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

This is a hard matchup, but my opponent felt like he was defeated before we had even begun. His turn 1 moves give me way too much alpha potential. Leaving Hyperion within Dynamo's threat is just so bad, doubly so when Discordia's exposed. By keeping stuff a little further back I really wouldn't be able to get too much work done top of 2. I'd have to bide my time simply and wait for scenario to force him ahead. In better positions he might be able to land a Blinding Light or two and somehow push up without just losing everything.

That being said though, this feels really hard for Issyria, no doubt. I think Kaelyssa would've been a better drop.

3-0 for the Swans and the finals awaited me!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar