søndag 4. juni 2017

Battle Report #531: Sloan vs Vyros2

:: Prologue ::

Sloan kites incredibly well. Assuming she can keep the scenario alive, she can outlast a surprising amount of otherwise resilient models. To really put this to the test a friend of mine was kind enough to put Vyros2 up against me. With 10 griffons, Imperatus and Field Marshal Shield Guard, surely this was madness. Right?

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
Cygnar - Firing Solution v4
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Armory - Steamroller Objective
Captain Kara Sloan - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 0
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Hunter - PC: 11
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
- Lightning Pod
- Firefly - PC: 8
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Hunter - PC: 11
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Hammersmith - PC: 12
:: Opponent ::
Vyros2
- Imperatus
- 10x Griffon
- Sylys
3x Arcanist

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Vyros goes first. I skew to one flank, hoping to be able to keep him away from me. And not lose on scenario, of course.


:: Game :: 

Vyros runs up tight.


I take my shots and keep my distance. Damage is spread out.


Griffons advance slowly and heal with force field. Smart. Vyros camps flag.


I move stuff up and feat. Damage isn't amazing, but it's getting some work done.


We discuss this situation. Vyros has 2 options: He can either run and jam as much as possible or make a play for scenario. Given how deep my position is with the melee capable jacks in front, the latter seems the better choice.


I have to try and open this up. I manage to find a pod placement which contests both the right zone and the flag so that's a start. The firepower is at long last starting to make an impression on the Griffons and the Hammersmith makes its presence felt.


CPs are running away from me though and I can't realistically contest enough in time.


I end up finding an assassination run with a bit of a reckless play from my opponent here above. Dice don't cooperate though and Vyros survives.

Sadly, a Loss for the Swans. 

:: Evaluation ::

As predicted this was an incredibly hard matchup. That being said, it wasn't as disastrous as one might've feared. The kiting and counter-punch potential are hard for Vyros to deal with. Unfortunately I didn't claim enough board space with my melee pieces early on and this made it a very hard game for me. It's probably easily in Vyros' favour, but based on this game I'd say that this can turn quickly: If Vyros isn't careful he's exposed to assassinations and sooner or later those boxes tick in sufficiently to really hurt. The Stormwall's also a very hard piece for him to deal with as it's unlikely for him to realistically get enough models on it.

I do wonder what would happen though if Vyros had elected to play hyper-aggressively instead of slowing down and going for scenario. Ah well, that's a setting for a game some time later, perhaps. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar