søndag 25. juni 2017

Battle Report #544: Stryker1 vs Haley2

:: Prologue ::

Following the WTC practice weekend I had another mirror match a few days later against a local opponent. I wanted to get some more games in with Stryker1, a caster I find surprisingly hard to master. My opponent took Time Storm to the fight and off we went!

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
"Jaeger Team"
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Commander Coleman Stryker - WJ: +30
- Squire - PC: 0
- Hurricane - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 30)
- Stormwall - PC: 39
- Lightning Pod
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Charger - PC: 9
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Charger - PC: 9
- Charger - PC: 9
:: Opponent ::
"TimeStorm"
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Hurricane - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
Storm Strider - PC: 18
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Reliant - PC: 14
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Spread the Net yet again and Haley moves first. The idea is to protect Stryker with a proper castle and let the shooting do work!


:: Game ::

My opponent's Strider, proxied by Hyperion for the time being, runs up rather aggressively on the left flank. The rest advance towards the center.


I put up Snipe on the Stormwall which proceeds to blow the Strider off the table with the help of Jakes' Chargers.


Haley's Hurricane kills the Chargers on the left flank. Poor positioning from me and a TK from Thorn ensured they were both in trouble real fast.


I push the colossals up, one into the Reliant and the other to shoot a bit and pod my flag (pods are solos!). Feat comes out.


Haley's forces shift right and she feats in return.


I can consolidate my position and indeed I do so, another pod, another point!


Haley gets desperate and sends her Hurricane into mine. Thorn has to run (!) to contest.


I get both of my colossals into the fight against his, which pretty much breaks the game.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

The idea behind trying TimeStorm here was to see if the leaps etc could create some difficult angles for the support models desperately wanting to stay alive. Losing the Storm Strider top of 1 was definitely a mistake, but to be fair I lost two (!) Chargers for this so in the end not the worst trade.

With the experience from this game I believe that it will be hard for Haley to properly leverage the leap angles. POW10 isn't all that at the end of the day. I also believe that Haley's main plan here should be to spread out and delay. Kite and pray for openings either on scenario or assassination. That is indeed easier said than done but it feels like whenever the piece trades happen quickly Stryker comes out ahead.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Really like your Jaeger build. Other than a mirror match fixer, do you think it solves any other lists out there, where you're not too sure about the viability of Time Storm?

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I honestly don't know. Time Storm can play against damn near anything. I'm sure there are other builds which the Jaeger Team excels against as well, but the original idea was solely to have a good mirror drop.

      Slett