fredag 23. juni 2017

Battle Report #535: Haley2 vs Makeda2

:: Prologue ::

I am -way- behind on reports now so I hope to get some of them up in the next few days. First of all I have a game vs Skorne, more precisely Makeda2 kitkat in the very capable hands of Johan Dyrlind.

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
"TimeStorm"
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Hurricane - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
Storm Strider - PC: 18
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Reliant - PC: 14
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
:: Opponent ::
Makeda2
- Despoiler
- Krea
Orin
Rhadeim
Willbreaker x2
Legends
Max Kitkat x2

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario is standoff and I move first. The idea is to secure a full round of shooting without committing feat and then take it from there.


:: Game ::

I run the Strider up on the left flank and the Hurricane on the right. Most Lights go in the middle.


Fort Makeda is put up.


I find the angles which allow me to put the hurt on the cats without putting any of my own models in danger zones. I think ~4 cats are down to 1 box.


The fort pushes up.


I have a powerful turn of shooting which kills off a few cats and leaves even more on 1 box. I also score big and feat to contain my opponent.


Given my score lead and the state of the game we discuss various options. Neither seem good. Johan goes for one of the plays which needs crazy dice. Even then I'm not sure it would've mattered as I win on CP the ensuing turn.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

I don't see what kitkats can do to favourably play into Haley2. There's just too much stuff going on, too many turns of shooting and too many attacks. Once you are capable of overloading stay death Makeda2 loses so much of her power. TimeStorm can definitely do that. Add scenario pressure and pretty strong assassination angles on top of that and it just feels like an uphill battle for Skorne.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar