tirsdag 6. juni 2017

Battle Report #533: Haley2 vs Deneghra1

:: Prologue ::

Ghost Fleet is the name of the game. It's been a while since I faced a proper Deneghra1 list last and I wanted to see how TimeStorm would perform! Luckily more and more players are picking up on this list's power so I'm getting more opportunities.

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
"TimeStorm"
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Hurricane - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
Storm Strider - PC: 18
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Reliant - PC: 14
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
:: Opponent ::
Theme: The Ghost Fleet
3 / 3 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Warwitch Deneghra - WJ: +28
- Stalker - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Stalker - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Deathripper - PC: 6 (Battlegroup Points Used: 6)
- Deathripper - PC: 6 (Battlegroup Points Used: 6)
Wraith Engine - PC: 15
Captain Rengrave - PC: 0
Pistol Wraith - PC: 0
Hellslinger Phantom - PC: 0
Blackbane's Ghost Raiders - Blackbane & 9 Grunts: 17
Revenant Crew of the Atramentous - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
- Revenant Crew Rifleman - PC: 2
- Revenant Crew Rifleman - PC: 2
- Revenant Crew Rifleman - PC: 2
Revenant Crew of the Atramentous - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
- Revenant Crew Rifleman - PC: 2
- Revenant Crew Rifleman - PC: 2
Revenant Crew of the Atramentous - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
- Revenant Crew Rifleman - PC: 2
- Revenant Crew Rifleman - PC: 2
- Revenant Crew Rifleman - PC: 2

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We were playing The Pit 2 and my opponent went first. I decided to skew opposite my objective. Partly because I wasn't sure I could claim it, partly because I wanted to see how not having the objective would affect me in the matchup.

:: Game ::

Wraith Engine moves towards me, Deneghra runs, the rest spread out.


I move up Hurricane within range of a Stalker. I figure it's good for me to have a Stalker commit on its own. Besides, it let me get off some good shots on Blackbanes. My jacks were all careful to stay out of threat ranges, e.g. Thorn outside of Crippling Grasp. The Strider chilled out.


Stalker goes in, no feat but Parasite and shots still combine to hurt me.


Time to push up! The idea is to kill the Arc Node which was used for Parasite and the committed Stalker with shooting, clear some space on the left flank and work from there. I took care to have the Wraith Engine outside of 16" from the Hurricane so that it couldn't run and be in melee with me. Dice worked out and I went to 2-0.


Deneghra doesn't get a whole lot of work done under my feat.


I consolidate my position and take it slow. Lightning Generators make a mess of a number of things and Domination on a Stalker ensures I take out a unit of pirates!


Opponent feats, catching only the Hurricane. It's worth it though as big boy goes down. The Stalker tries to deal with Thorn following stationary from the Wraith, but fails.


The Reliant and Thorn deal with the left flank. Lightning Generators clear the middle. I kind of like my position as I'm the last player and still up on CP.


Wraith Engine charges Strider. Parasite negates Arcane Shield basically. It's touch-n-go ish but I survive. There aren't a lot of pirates left to work with for Deneghra.


Wraith Engine dies. From here on out it's a mop-up.




Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

I find that the main problem with Ghost Fleet is that you have to deal with so many things at once. If you can break it up and handle one or a few elements at a time you're good. In this game I did manage just that. Coupled with Thorn which was never handled effectively I was able to carve out a crucial area on the left flank. This in turn provided me with CPs and put the pressure on my opponent.

The Pirates themselves are fairly predictable. Sure, they hurt like a ton of bricks when the stars align, but with a few games you can tell what they can and cannot do fairly easily I find. It becomes a question of clearing out the other elements quickly enough. As this game shows the Pirates die in droves once the Blackbanes, jacks and shooters are gone.

A great game and we both learned a lot. My opponent was eager for revenge so we went at it for a second game!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar