onsdag 28. juni 2017

Internal Affairs Mk. XII Game 3 (#547): Stryker1 vs Haley2

:: Prologue ::

Last game of the day and a Cygnar mirror! I was hoping to get more mirrors, but I'll take one over none for sure. Getting to try out the Jaeger Team in practice was something I had looked forward to for some time. My opponent brought a Haley2 list which was pretty well suited to mirror matches as well, with Sloan as the second caster. He dropped Haley2 into the Jaeger Team and off we went!

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
"Jaeger Team"
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Commander Coleman Stryker - WJ: +30
- Squire - PC: 0
- Hurricane - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 30)
- Stormwall - PC: 39
- Lightning Pod
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Charger - PC: 9
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Charger - PC: 9
- Charger - PC: 9
:: Opponent ::
Haley2, Heavy Metal
- Stormwall
- Charger
- Minuteman
- Thorn
- Squire
Junior
- Charger
Jakes1
- Minuteman
- Ironclad
Arlan 

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We played Standoff and I went first. The plan was to apply the shooters ASAP, ensure no early sneaky angles for Haley and just let the pew pew work for me.


:: Game ::

Colossals run up max. Stormwall receives AS from Stryker, Hurricane Snipe. Blur on Stryker himself. Junior put up AS on his Charger as I expected the left flank to be somewhat contested.


My opponent spreads out: Minuteman receives Sidekick and runs on the left flank. Stormwall runs centrally out of my charge range, as does Haley, Junior's Charger and the second Minuteman. Thorn and the Ironclad are left in a trench fairly centrally.


I have a golden opportunity to get a huge advantage here: Junior is within shooting range of my Stormwall. Thorn is within shooting range of the Hurricane. I drop Snipe from the Hurricane and AS from the 'wall, intending to re-apply depending on what happens with Thorn: I start off with one slam cannon and if it fails he has to dodge out of the trench (to avoid the second) or risk eating that as well. No matter, the first connects and I follow up with enough firepower to simply remove Thorn altogether. The Stormwall receives Snipe and takes out Junior. Adding insult to injury Junior's Charger removes the Cortex from the Minuteman on the left flank. I feat and feel pretty good!


Stormwall charges Hurricane under my feat. Granted 'shield isn't up but ARM24 is still a thing. Haley feats.


Not much to do under Haley feat: Hurricane strikes back and deals massive damage, the loss of Junior (and thus Arcane Shield) really hurts my opponent's ability to take this fight. The Stormwall shoots and the Chargers pew pew a bit.


My opponent goes for a desperate assassination attempt on Stryker: With Blur and 3 camp it's a crazy long-shot and it doesn't work out.


I reply in kind by clearing out the entire table just about. My opponent concedes.


Tournament Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

It was good to finally start in this matchup. I've gone second so many times and it makes a big difference here: Stryker really wants to get those buffs out! I got a dream start top of 2 when both Junior and Thorn had to throw in the towel. That is not supposed to happen, but it shows how extreme the shooting game of this list is.

There's still a lot of things I have yet to figure out with this list. It has so much potential but it's so different from what I'm used to. I hope to get some more games in with this in the not-too distant future, at which point I also hope to elaborate on the finer points of wielding the Jaeger Team.

This was but a small, local event, but it felt good to bring it home none the less!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar