fredag 23. juni 2017

Battle Report #537 & #538: Haley2 vs Issyria

:: Prologue ::

Having played a couple of games vs Skorne it was time to help a local Retribution player out with some anti-Cygnar dojo. After a recent failed experiment where he ran Issyria without a Hyperion it was time to tweak the basics of the list a little. I was very interested to see how TimeStorm would deal with all the stealthed Mage Hunters in Shadows!

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
"TimeStorm"
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Hurricane - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
Storm Strider - PC: 18
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Reliant - PC: 14
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
:: Opponent ::
Issyria
- Hemera
- Hyperion
- Chimera
Narn
Eiryss1
2x Arcanist
2x MHSF, UA

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario was Outlast 2 and Retribution took first turn. My idea going into this game was to secure a flank with the Storm Strider and have the rest of my jacks fairly tight to be able to respond to any skews.


:: Game ::

My opponent skews MHSF on the Hurricane's flank. His battlegroup advances centrally.


I see a hyper-aggressive opening: If the Hurricane simply runs up I can use it as a spark node and on top of that arc from it. Unfortunately for me the arcs all roll 1 leap so not enough strike force dudes die. Haley feats to try and cover me as good as possible.


Issyria feats and the retaliation takes out the Hurricane. I concede the game and we reset.


My deployment is largely the same, but I'm even tighter now.


Careful of hyper-aggressive plays, my opponent is a little more conservative with his MHSF this time around.


I manage to get an angle on the Chimera which is positioned way too aggressively: TK + Domination and then TK to bring Thorn 5" back sees the arc node highly exposed. Hurricane slams it and then I suddenly have a model to leap off of with the rest of my list. It dies along with quite a few MHSF.


My opponent tries to push but I haven't left him a lot of openings to play with.


Although Hemera has Admonition I manage to pull her out and kill her. Haley feats to prevent Hyperion from being a bad boy.


My opponent sets up for a feat turn.


Hurricane simply backs up and I focus on clearing stuff out on the right flank to score.


The feat comes out this turn if I remember correctly. Some lights take a beating on the right flank and the Hurricane suffers a bit on the left.


I take out Hyperion which is left exposed. With that the game is essentially over and my opponent concedes.


Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

There's definitely something here! The list needs to be tweaked but this is a good start for Retribution. My main lesson learned here is that the Fireflies are crucial and I need to deploy with them in mind: They need to protect the Hurricane's flank (so that heavy skews won't render it that vulnerable) and they need to aim for a place with cover. Despite Issyria feating, DEF17 is a thing.

I obviously missed the pod from the Stormwall in this game. That being said, the slam guns set up so nicely for jack kills. It's crazy how strong the Hurricane's shooting is.

I look forward to more games against Retribution in the time to come! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar