onsdag 28. juni 2017

Internal Affairs Mk. XII Game 1 (#545): Haley2 vs Deneghra1

:: Prologue ::

I played in a tournament last Saturday. Just a small, local thing. I brought a variant of TimeStorm and the Jaeger Team with me. Game 1 saw me face a casual Cryx player, fielding a combined-arms variant with Deneghra1. Compared to the usual Ghost Fleet stereotype I considered myself lucky to draw this list!

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
TimeStorm v2
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
Storm Strider - PC: 18
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Charger - PC: 9
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Cyclone - PC: 13
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0 
:: Opponent ::
Deneghra1
- Cankerworm
- 2x Nightwretch
- Leviathan
Repair dude
Soul Trapper
Machine Wraith
Max Nyss
Max Satyxis
- UA
Max Warriors
- UA

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario was Breakdown and I won the dice-off, electing to go first. My plan was to take control of a flank heavily, send the Storm Strider up there and sweep across the table slowly but surely.


:: Game ::

Stuff runs, Haley puts up Force Field.


My opponent spreads out, taking care to not leave things within 4" of other things on the right flank. His Leviathan spikes like crazy on the Stormwall: With nothing but Parasite to help him out he takes 24 boxes!


I TK Leviathan around, shoot him with both huge bases, feat and claim table space. The majority of my small guns focus on the Nyss.


Cryx have to back up, leaving me tons of table space and options.


Stormwall backs off, I kill a lot of models with shooting. I also establish a CP lead. From here on in it's basically a clean-up:




Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

This was a fairly easy game: A casual list really struggles against an anti-Cryx Haley2 list. I had to avoid major mistakes, which I did. Despite some crazy rolls initially my opponent never really had an angle in this game. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar