tirsdag 8. august 2017

Iron Moot: Masters #2 (#558): Haley2 vs Reznik2

:: Prologue ::

For my second game I drew another Protectorate player! This time I was facing a Severius2/Reznik pair. I was expecting Severius2 but received Reznik. I was dropping Haley2 regardless so no big deal!

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
TimeStorm v2
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
Storm Strider - PC: 18
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Charger - PC: 9
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Cyclone - PC: 13
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
:: Opponent ::
Reznik, Jack Spam Theme
- Scourge of Heresy
- 2x Redeemer
- 2x Reckoner
- Devout
Vessel of Judgement
Solos

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario was Spread The Net and Reznik seized the initiative. My plan here was to play for scenario since I don't for the life of me know how he's supposed to get far enough up the table to properly contest me. I also had to be careful with my huge bases to not have them be shot down. The idea was to flank with the Strider to make it very hard to properly focus on it and play from there.


:: Game ::

Reznik's forces run up.


I have an excellent position with the Strider out on the left flank, allowing it to get a very strong position and at the same time shoot the Vessel. It deals quite a bit of damage. I am very happy with the position I got here, the only regret I have is that Thorn was a little too passive: With Evasive Action from Arlan he could easily have been placed more offensively.


In a display of crazy dice my opponent is able to take out the Strider (!). I did not expect that at all, but dice happen you know. He sung Passage (probably expecting the Strider to survive).


By killing the Vessel and TK-ing 2 jacks out of the central zone I can score 4 CP this turn, contesting Reznik with a pod. I go for the play and leave Haley feating with 2 focus camped.


While Haley could and should not have been targetable by anything here (placing her B2B with the 'wall and blocking off LoS with the Firefly), Reznik did have an angle to kill me here. Flesh is Weak twice is a <1% assassination and after contemplating the situation for a couple of minutes my opponent realized it was his only play. He needed absolutely crazy dice, didn't get them, and that was all she wrote!

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

The inability to properly push against Cygnar and thus yield table space is the main problem many Protectorate lists have with Haley2. They might look strong on paper but the way they play leaves so many scenario openings. It's worth noting that my opponent played -very- aggressively with Reznik in this game: Instead of going for scenario I could've TK'd the Devout and then Reznik, following up with a charge from the Stormwall. Even then, his position wasn't far enough up the table to truly contest me. Shielding would've helped, however had the Strider survived (as it should!), my next turn would've been absolutely brutal attrition-wise as well.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar