mandag 7. august 2017

Iron Moot: Steamroller ADR #4 (#555): Haley2 vs Vindictus

:: Prologue ::

Having finally played against everyone I drove down there was no option left for me but to play someone else. Finally a Swede! I was up against Protectorate and that meant yet another drop for Haley2. So much for bringing Stryker1 to handle "all the mirrors"... My opponent surprised me by dropping Vindictus in return.

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
TimeStorm v2
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
Storm Strider - PC: 18
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Charger - PC: 9
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Cyclone - PC: 13
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
:: Opponent ::
Vindictus, Exemplar Theme
- 2x Dervish
- Devout
- Crusader
Gravus
Errant Solo thingy
Max Errants
- UA
2x Knights Exemplar
- UA
Max Vengers

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

So right off the bat: Vindictus is probably one of the most straight-forward casters for Haley2 to dismantle in the game. He has next to 0 tricks which she cares about and he plays exactly the type of list she loves to meet. That being said I played the worst game I possibly have in months so this turned out to be really, really interesting... The plan was easy enough: Keep shooting, keep him out of scenario domination and sooner or later attrition is life!


:: Game :: 

Stuff runs up, Errants receive Defender's Ward.


I pew pew Errants but dice don't agree so a lot more survive than I would have liked to. Strider shoots a Venger.


Vindictus pushes and feats.


I figure that the Crusader is positioned amazingly well for the 'wall to get into the thick of things, establishing itself in the middle to pod the left zone and have fun. My opponent crucially didn't sing Shielding so I could Dominate it out. Somewhere along the way I lost my train of thought, got greedy and went for TK instead. This meant the 'wall wasn't in range to pod the left zone. Adding insult to injury I had no plan to clear my own zone so I ended up feating with Haley2 and giving away a CP.


Exemplars come closer.


Having learned very little from last turn I yet against fail to contest the left zone. Attrition is going well but honestly that's pretty much a given considering these two lists.


While scenario was becoming a big, big issue for me here (I also managed to -not- have my Stormwall in the central zone), I'm not sure if my opponent doesn't see his opening or simply doesn't have the means to kill my objective: He can score 3 this turn possibly. In any case the objective isn't targeted and he forgets to contest my zone.


I believe I'm out of the woods now and start scoring while contesting properly.


One last attempt at retaliation fails to impress me and from here on out it's luckily just a mop-up.



Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

I know that WarRoomPL recorded this game so it should be up on their YouTube channel soon enough. When it is, I'll post the link here for those interested.

Unfortunately there isn't a lot to take away from this game. The matchup naturally boils down to nothing but target priorities for Cygnar, except when you mess up horribly like I did here. SR2017 is way faster than one might think, delta 5 can happen quickly and with the elements spread out you can find yourself strategically unable to do much about an opponent moving ahead. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar