mandag 7. august 2017

Iron Moot: Steamroller ADR #3 (#554): Haley2 vs Coven

:: Prologue ::

Wouldn't you know it, following 2 games against 2 out of the 3 players I traveled to Iron Moot with, I naturally had to draw the 3rd and last guy in our car for my third game. So much for going to Sweden to play, huh? Nicholas has recently picked up Cryx and I was eager to play Haley2 into Coven again. My practice match against another local Cryx player (see this link) taught me that this is a very difficult matchup. I had some ideas about how to approach it this time around...

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
TimeStorm v2
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
Storm Strider - PC: 18
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Charger - PC: 9
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Cyclone - PC: 13
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
:: Opponent ::
Coven, Dark Host
- 2x Arc Node
- Desecrator
Tartarus
2x Min warriors +UA
2x Max riders
Wraith Engine

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario is Breakdown and I go first. The idea is to try and secure a flank if possible, wheel around and put pressure on the middle. Easier said than done.


:: Game ::

Stuff runs up.


Arlan is a little too exposed for comfort. Note to self: Solos should be 100% hidden in this matchup. Kind of like playing against Vayl2 or Lylyth3. Regardless Nicholas doesn't go for it, he has to get his upkeeps up and play safe...


...however "safe" isn't always trivial. See, the Witches were all hanging out in the back. LoS to them was blocked by the Desecrator, however he was b2b with Egregore and thus Stealth. On top of that the cloud on the right was over 9" away from the Strider but within 10" so I could TK + charge. Long story short a TA'd Stormwall and a TK'd, charging Strider both got LoS to the Witches and killed 2 of them very dead. I covered my army in feat and had a very good spot.


Instead of trying to get back from this my opponent simply conceded the game as he saw no point in playing further. I can empathize.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Coven Banes is a very hard list to play against, however certain elements here are surprisingly squishy at times. As a Haley2 player it's crucial to recognize and take advantage of openings like these. It's where she shines.

I'm sure Nicholas won't make this mistake again. Lesson learned!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar