tirsdag 8. august 2017

Iron Moot: Nordic Championship #3 (#563): Haley2 vs Thexus

:: Prologue ::

This game was recorded by WarRoomPL, check out the video here: link.

For the semi-finals I drew Oskar yet again! We had the exact same map and scenario we played on the day before. I was expecting another tough fight against Ossrum, much to my surprise Oskar dropped Thexus! I was super relieved as dismantling Thexus should be trivial for my list.

:: Lists ::

:: Cygnar ::
TimeStorm v2
Theme: Heavy Metal
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
Storm Strider - PC: 18
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Charger - PC: 9
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Cyclone - PC: 13
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
:: Opponent ::
Thexus, Operating Theater
- 2x Heavies
3x Adrenal Flood units
3x Non-flood units
Aiyana & Holt
2x Overlords
3x heavy-buff solos

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

I got first turn on Outlast. The idea was to run stuff up and then back up and shoot without feating top of 2, feating top of 3 and grinding from there.


:: Game ::

I take care to have backline elements safe.


Drudges fan out.


I take care to squeeze together in the middle to avoid Ambushers ruining my day. I kill ~10 models this turn.


Oskar pushes as hard as he can.


I reply with feat and kill ~20-25 models. The Strider charging and having Temporal really clears stuff out. The Stormwall pods an Adrenal Flood leader.


Thexus can't do a whole lot this turn, as per usual in Shift.


It's all about cleanup now, but I make my single biggest mistake of the entire weekend. In a moment of pure stupidity and greed I send Haley into the left zone instead of simply backing off. This is a terrible move as it puts her in range of Aiyana, Holt, Overlords and Thexus and there really is no need for me to score here. I haven't seen the recorded game at the time of this writing, but I'm sure the commentators (rightfully) roast me for this move.


Oskar goes for the kill. Luckily for me, he misses the boosted 8+ to land TK. Without that hit he doesn't have the necessary damage to kill me. I take 8 boxes.


I heal 6 boxes and back off with 2 focus to spare. Anything not Thexus is killed. Oskar gets one last incredible long-shot which fails and I kill Thexus.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

There's not a whole lot to say about this game. It's very straight forward, I know the matchup and my list is very well suited to taking on Thexus. I make a very greedy mistake, dice gods somehow love me and I survive to win. I hope I never, ever this again.

Also, yay finals!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar