torsdag 2. februar 2017

Battle Report #412: Haley3 vs Ossrum

:: Prologue ::

Rematch time! This time Ossrum went first and my opponent had learned a few lessons on threat ranges, aggressive commitment etc. Let's get to it!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
(Haley 3) Major Prime Victoria Haley [+25], Bunker
 - Grenadier [9]
 - Grenadier [9]
 - Thorn [13]
 - Defender [16]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
 - Charger [9]
Ragman [4]
Opponent:
(Ossrum 1) General Ossrum [+28], Fuel Cache
 - Grundback Blaster [6]
 - Grundback Blaster [6]
 - Grundback Gunner [6]
 - Grundback Gunner [6]
 - Grundback Gunner [6]
 - Grundback Gunner [6]
 - Grundback Gunner [6]
 - Grundback Gunner [6]
 - Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Horgenhold Forge Guard (max) [16]
Horgenhold Artillery Corps [6]
Horgenhold Artillery Corps [6]
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios [7]
Kell Bailoch [5]
Anastasia di Bray [3]
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [8]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Not much changes because Ossrum goes first in terms of game plan.


:: Game ::

Bunnies, bunnies bunnies! The nimble chickens are running up with the Forge Guard following behind.


Clouds are put up.


Bunnies decide to consolidate for one turn, getting the Forge Guard further up.


I figure I can push the clouds a little further and get a bunny or two: By reviving a Trencher I can inch up the right Grenadier and put shots from him and the Defender into Bunnies, along with the Charger. I only got 1 because DEF12 is a thing against RAT6, apparently.


...and Junior's hiding, anticipating a commitment + feat.


Bunnies go in and wreak havoc. Lots of shots connect and I lose more than I had hoped.


It's hard getting a lot of work done on Ossrum's feat turn so I decide to focus on shooting the Forge Guard, clouding up and pulling back. I do send in the Lances, hoping Reposition will help them out again.


I lose no less than 4 Lances. Not good. Is there enough retaliation left in my list now?


No option but to go all in. The Haleys charge and feat. I cloud up Prime and wipe out most of the Bunnies.


This fight of attrition is swinging back and forth. I think I'm slightly ahead but my opponent gets a very good turn. However, he's been a little greedy...


...and an exposed Ossrum goes down to a Force Hammer from Prime with follow-up shooting!

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

A great game, surely better than the first! My opponent managed to time his commit very well now and gave me tons of problems. He got a lot of work out of Eiryss and even Aiyana + Holt helped out in the end game.

This matchup feels really even where the best player will likely come out ahead on attrition. The clouds are so problematic for Ossrum, but on his feat turn the sheer speed and durability of his list can create the opening he needs to just power through.

I'm sure I'll play this matchup many more times as one of my most active opponents recently switched to Mercs (hence the proxy-heavy army). A very good couple of games to get back into Haley3 for sure!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Do you think a list 5-6 more spray bunnies instead of forgeguard, artillery corps and Kell/eiryss2 would be a harder matchup?

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Probably, but I have never seen such a list. Removing all those pieces for more sprays I guess would leave too many holes in other matchups.

      Slett