tirsdag 7. februar 2017

Battle Report #416: Nemo3 vs Iron Mother

:: Prologue ::

Following the Haley2 - Iron Mother matchup we decided to try Nemo3 vs Iron Mother. My opponent has never played against him before and I had a theory that Nemo could possibly break through all the shield guards and actually kill a number of important models on his feat turn.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Theme: Storm Division
(Nemo 3) Artificer General Nemo [+25], Bunker
- Storm Chaser Adept Caitlin Finch
- Squire [0]
- Firefly [8]
- Firefly [8]
- Firefly [8]
- Dynamo [18]
- Lancer [10]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Storm Lances (min) [12]
Major Katherine Laddermore [8]
Journeyman Warcaster [0]
- Firefly [8]
Opponent:
Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent Servitors - WJ: +27
-    Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent Servitors Cont.
-    Assimilator - PC: 16
-    Assimilator - PC: 16
-    Assimilator - PC: 16
-    Corollary - PC: 6
-    Prime Axiom - PC: 38 (Battlegroup Points Used: 27)
-    Diffuser - PC: 6
Attunement Servitors - 3 Attunement Servitors: 0
Attunement Servitors - 3 Attunement Servitors: 0
Elimination Servitors - 3 Elimination Servitors: 0
Elimination Servitors - 3 Elimination Servitors: 0
Optifex Directive - Leader & 2 Grunts: 4

THEME: Destruction Initiative

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Same map and scenario, this time I won the dice-off and chose to go first. The idea? Deploy centrally and try and wrap around whatever flank Convergence would leave weak-ish.


:: Game ::

Prime commits left, I go right. Magnetic Field is such a godsend in this matchup! Arcane Shield on big Lances.


My opponent contemplates hardly going up at all, but figures it'll be too defensive as he has no scenario play and yields even more board space. He instead takes care to put his models outside of Lances' melee threat range and ensure all shield guards are in range.


I have two viable options here: I can back off like ~4" and force him to come further up the table, or I can go all-in and see how much Nemo hurts against this many Shield Guards. Yeah, I went with the latter. Of course. I focus on the jacks on the right side and the Shield Guards do go down easily enough. I'm a little greedy and only camp 1 with Nemo, should have been 2 as his boosted damage roll on the initial Force Hammer was unnecessary.


The game of attrition is so, so lost and my opponent has zero ways to play for scenario. It's down to assassination then and with me leaving Nemo on 1 the Prime Axiom under feat could conceivably be an issue. Dice however don't give my opponent what he needs and Nemo lives.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Nemo keeps surprising me. Sure, I got to go first here, my opponent had little experience with the matchup. But honestly, the sheer damage output and volume to just wade through those Shield Guards... Impressive. I can see Nemo3 being a legit drop into Convergence. He obviously needs to play against Father Lucant as well, so that's next on my list when I face the machines again.

It could be that Convergence can set up the Shield Guards more effectively but in practice I think it's nearly impossible to do. There are so many ways to go about this and so many different models I can commit to try and kill. Also, as noted in the report I could've simply backed up. Putting up everything perfectly and ensuring optimal shield guard coverage and separation takes a ton of times. A few turns like that and the clock is an even bigger opponent than Nemo!

A great set of games today. The Haley game was a mess but still taught me a lot. The Nemo game was awesome and also gave me a lot of thoughts about the Convergence matchup.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar