onsdag 15. februar 2017

Battle Report #421: Haley3 vs Wurmwood

:: Prologue ::

Another quick report! Same map and scenario, I go first yet again.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Vanilla Haley3

Opponent:
Same Wurmwood as #420

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

Delay the fight, draw out souls, make the shooting work for me.


:: Game ::

No point in clouding top of 1 vs Wurmwood in my experience. Dig in instead. Less time, taunts Circle to make mistakes. Spread out.


No commitment from Circle. The central forest is used for Fort Wurmwood. Sentries advance. I could kill for Stealth removal. Cloud up, bide my time. One Grenadier picks off a Shifting Stone. Great success! Thorn terribly positioned, have to make up for it.


Circle keep pushing...


I kill Sentry left side with Future, right side with Lances. Push cloudwall.


Circle tries to consolidate around their fort, but table space is being lost at an alarming rate. Feat.


I withdraw.


Clock is running out, in an act of desperation more than anything Megalith it sent up.


I kill Megalith with shooting alone, contest and begin pushing cloudwall again.


A couple of turns with grinding...



...and I win on scenario!

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Skill-intensive game where time is of the essence. I win the attrition fight but have a feeling my opponent missed a few openings. He prioritized hellmouthing Trenchers, which isn't half bad, but it's rarely enough. I still don't feel confident playing Haley3 into Wurmwood. It's an ok game. Regardless I have better choices available so I'm not worried. Even if I'm locked there are definitely worse matchups out there!

SmogCon next! I wish I had more time and games to prepare but it is what it is. Really excited go go now!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar