fredag 10. februar 2017

Battle Report #417: Nemo3 vs Ossrum

:: Prologue ::

I consider Mercenaries to be one of the very best factions in the game at the moment. In my experience Haley3 is a decent drop here. Haley2 is not. If I want to drop Haley3 in favour of Nemo3 I need to test the Ossrum matchup. I already know Nemo3 more or less autowins against Kingmaker's and I believe he's up against Cephalyx as well. Anyway, the challenge this time was Ossrum and I was eager to test this out.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Theme: Storm Division
(Nemo 3) Artificer General Nemo [+25], Bunker
- Storm Chaser Adept Caitlin Finch
- Squire [0]
- Firefly [8]
- Firefly [8]
- Firefly [8]
- Dynamo [18]
- Lancer [10]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Storm Lances (min) [12]
Major Katherine Laddermore [8]
Journeyman Warcaster [0]
- Firefly [8]
Opponent:
(Ossrum 1) General Ossrum [+28]
 - Grundback Blaster [6]
 - Grundback Blaster [6]
 - Grundback Gunner [6]
 - Grundback Gunner [6]
 - Grundback Gunner [6]
 - Grundback Gunner [6]
 - Grundback Gunner [6]
 - Grundback Gunner [6]
 - Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Horgenhold Forge Guard (max) [16]
Horgenhold Artillery Corps [6]
Horgenhold Artillery Corps [6]
Anastasia di Bray [3]
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios [7]
Kell Bailoch [5]
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [8]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We were playing Outlast and my opponent went first. I wanted to create a strong right flank so I skewed my deployment diagonally opposite of him. 


:: Game ::

Snipe goes up on Eiryss1 which takes the nearby woods. Kell goes outside of said woods. FFE on a Mortar and Bunnies spread out with Forge Guard in reserve.


There's an amazing angle on Eiryss: I can run up the Lancer behind the rock in the middle and Force Hammer a bunny. I need a 2+ to hit her. Taking out Eiryss here is huge as she is so dangerous for both Dynamo and the Lancer mid-game. If I go for this I feel I have to commit so as to not just leave the Lancer for dead. This necessitates Electrify on small lances and Arcane Shield on the big ones and have more or less my entire army run up.

To get the Lancer into position Dynamo needs to move first. I run him up on the hill. Lancer runs, Nemo activates. Slam into Eiryss, need 5+ to kill, get snake eyes. Problem: She is knocked down alright but I left Dynamo within 16" of her. That could've been pre-measured because said Dynamo is like 15.5" away. Ok, I'll just roll with it!


Ossrum has to commit so feat comes up and bunnies start getting work done. I was hoping for some karma but unfortnuately Eiryss nails her 5+ to hit Dynamo and he's disrupted. Poor thing. 6 Lances go down but the Fireflies are hardly scratched. Forge Guard run to jam the center.


First things first: Priorities. I lost a ton of Lances, which can be a problem. However, this turn can turn it around again. What I have to do is clear out all of the forge guard because they pose the biggest threat and then move onto the jacks. Nemo starts off the show and gets a lot of Forge Guard with his shot, a bounce from Finch and Chain Lightning. DEF10 is bad so boosted attack rolls hit easily, despite the melee bonus. This clears up most and I'm able to take out the rest systematically. Even Dynamo helps out. Sure he's disrupted but on feat his multi-fire is perfectly capable of roasting Forge Guard anyway. One single hammer-wielding Dwarf is left alive but I'll have to accept it so I move onto the Bunnies. I do a surprising amount of damage and I suddenly feel way up.


My opponent starts trying to destroy my models as well but his damage output simply isn't there. He lost too much on my feat turn. Half-way through his turn he concedes the game as it literally is just over.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

This went better than expected. Losing that many Lances felt like a disaster. I don't know if my opponent's dice were hot or not (probably not), even with arm buffs those bunnies do stack up a ton of hurt and there's artillery behind as well.

I suppose it boils down to how much work we get done on our respective feats and how we set up for them. For my, I did have a perfect position for everything left in my list once his feat was over: I could easily apply Ionization, tons of leaps went off, I could easily get the Forge Guard first and then move on to the bunnies later.

All in all a very comfortable test with Nemo3 against Ossrum. Yet again, our God of Thunder and Lightning surprises me!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar