mandag 20. februar 2017

SmogCon: Iron Arena #1 (#431): Stryker1 vs Hexeris2

:: Prologue ::

The last day of SmogCon was here and I was in the Iron Arena looking to practice Stryker1. My first game saw me find a Skorne opponent with Hexeris2. Awesome, another caster I have too little experience against!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
[Theme] Storm Division
(Stryker 1) Commander Coleman Stryker [+30]
 - Charger [9]
 - Stormwall [39]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Journeyman Warcaster [0]
 - Charger [9]
Major Katherine Laddermore [8]
Opponent:
(Hexeris 2) Lord Arbiter Hexeris [+27]
 - Archidon [10]
 - Titan Gladiator [15]
 - Titan Cannoneer [17]
 - Titan Cannoneer [17]
 - Cyclops Shaman [8]
Cataphract Cetrati (max) [18]
Cataphract Arcuarii (max) [17]

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

We were playing Incursion and I went first. I simply ran my things up. Stryker put up Blur on himself, Arcane on Lances and Snipe on 'wall. 


:: Game ::

Arcuarii on the left move up far. Cetrati on the right go in Shield Wall.


I go for the Arcuarii on the left with the Lances. Junior's Charger helps out. The Stormwall and the remaining Charger pump shots into a heavy in the middle. Lances on the right shuffle.


It turns out Hexeris2 is a mini-version of Vayl2. Who knew?! The Archidon runs up and Hexeris tries a boosted Black Spot on a Stryker camping 0. Luckily the 12+ fails to connect and my opponent abandons his run.


See, this is exactly why I always seek out new matchups. It's so important to know these things and I'll remember this for a long time. However after the failed Black Spot this becomes more or less a clean-up for me: I kill the bird and feat while the Lances and shooting take a devastating toll and a 1-0 scenario lead. From here on out Skorne doesn't really put up a fight.




Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

There's not that much to say about this game I think: I need more experience against Skorne! Hexeris2 doesn't look that impressive on paper but he has some very interesting angles in-game. Skorne got a ton of buffs recently, well deserved, but their medium infantry is still far behind in my opinion.

3 kommentarer:

  1. I'm curious about the choice of a second charger over a firefly in the stryker list. Whitout having played the list I feel like I would value the dmg buff over the extra shots. Do you need the charger for solo hunting with snipe cycling?

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Mirror matches! The Firefly often has to commit to apply the buff. I find that the Ionization buff is more of a thing on paper than in practice. A second Charger makes this list even more legit in mirror though, which I value :)

      Slett