fredag 7. oktober 2016

Battle Report #314: Haley3 vs Vyros1

:: Prologue ::

I need more training with Haley3. It really is that easy. I have a friend who wanted to try out Vyros1 and I offered to play Haley3. He took me up on the offer and off we went!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Prime Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Haley Past
- Haley Future
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Thorn - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Charger - PC: 9
Ragman - PC: 4
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Trencher Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Opponent:
Dawnlord Vyros - WJ: +28
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker - PC: 4
- Chimera - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Griffon - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Griffon - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Griffon - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)
- Griffon - PC: 8
- Griffon - PC: 8
- Griffon - PC: 8
- Sphinx - PC: 13
- Griffon - PC: 8
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
Mage Hunter Infiltrators - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario was Incursion and I went first. The Amon matchup was scary because of synergy. This matchup is more scary because of his speed. The idea was to get far up, quickly, so that he could not jam scenario shut and take a big lead.


:: Game ::

With last game's cav failure fresh in mind I weaved them into my lines this time around and made sure I had plenty of angles to engage through. I didn't bother with Tac. Supremacy because of Bird's Eye.


Sphinx hits a Grenadier, Lanyssa lands Hunter's Mark despite needing 9+ and it's on bottom of 1! A griffon goes in and does some damage. The rest run up behind to jam.


My opponent certainly has forced the issue here. I have to go in hard in return and it's what I do, feating and all. It turns out that Griffons are easier to kill than Crusaders...


...and they also hurt less in return. I feel quite comfortable here.


I mop up a lot and establish myself far up the field.


Vyros makes a desperate move personally.


Easy assassination setup which I go for. Vyros dies.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

It's a bit of a weird matchup but good training none the less. Haley3 definitely felt up here, it might be different if Vyros gets to move first though. In any case this was a lot better for me to face than Amon. I fear durability and sustainable hitting power over the speed this list has for sure.

Good training and I felt I managed my list better this time than last.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar