søndag 30. oktober 2016

Battle Report #334: Haley2 vs Issyria

:: Prologue ::

Time for the rematch. We just re-racked basically with a slightly changed list for Retribution and lessons learned on both sides.

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 5
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
Ragman - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 2 Grunts: 12
Opponent:
(Issyria 1) Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn [+29]
 - Hyperion [36]
 - Phoenix [18]
Heavy Rifle Team [4]
Heavy Rifle Team [4]
House Vyre Electromancers [8]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Elara, Tyro of the Third Chamber [4]
 - Discordia [18]
MHA x2 

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The way I deploy Lances with Haley3 seems to be working fine with Haley2 as well, provided I start. I put Haley on the right flank this turn so she could move up before the Stormwall top of 2. The rest was largely the same.


:: Game ::

Same start as last game pretty much. Please ignore the Lances in the picture below, I "minifeated" them to be a less committing position.


Hyperion runs up to contest the flag already. I like this move! If I feat Hyperion already contests and can thus shoot. However Retribution leaves the other flank wide open.


It might look like a shitty position but I haz a plan. Run Thorn up, kill all electrobros with Arcane Bolts and then reaction drive onto the flag. Stormwall shoots Hyperion for a few boxes and Haley feats. Ironclad moves to relative safety and everything else gets ready for top of 3.


In a move I don't understand, the Hyperion is sent forward. I question the legitimacy of this move from a tactical point of view but my opponent thinks his big, bad boy is within threat range of "everything" anyways. Ok, I beg to differ but it's not my call to make. Phoenix is sent up with Admonition to let Issyria put Blinding Light on Haley. Disco remains in reserve, as do the HRTs and MHAs.


Fully fuel the 'clad and the 'wall. TK on the former, TA on the latter. Ragman moves up with Death Field, 'wall and Firefly pound Hyperion. It dies. I pod behind Phoenix. Lances run, 1 places itself behind the Phoenix so that it can't admonition out (pod blocks one angle, lance another). This lets the Ironclad simply walk up to it without having the Phoenix run away and I kill it.


The game is effectively over and my opponent forfeits.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Issyria needs to delay this game and keep the scenario angles shut down. On this map I think she's picking the wrong side. The forests make it too hard for her heavies to get into decent anti-scenario positions whereas the linear obstacle on my side would've enabled an easy shut-down on at least one of the flanks.

The Hyperion move under Haley's feat is just bad. He needs to make me work hard for this. I even got Hunter's Mark for free! By keeping it back and forcing me to charge I won't get neither Ragman nor Lanyssa and it's kind of hard to fit a lot of my other things as well. Essentially I can't one-round it. With the MHAs and HRTs simply waiting out Haley feat Issyria just needs to be patient. It can be unnerving but there's only really the 5th CP which matters. By keeping a tight formation she can probably weather the pain sufficiently long to slowly bring her sheer power to bear, eventually.

All in all a great couple of games for the Swans. Next time I play this matchup my opponent and I might do something fun!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar