fredag 21. oktober 2016

Battle Report #327: Haley3 vs Gunnbjorn

:: Prologue ::

It was time for Haley3! I had more faith in her ability to handle Gunnbjorn, because what on earth is he supposed to do against a cloudwall?

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Prime Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Haley Past
- Haley Future
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Grenadier - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Thorn - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Charger - PC: 9
Ragman - PC: 4
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Trencher Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Opponent:
Captain Gunnbjorn - WB: +28
- Dire Troll Bomber - PC: 19
- Mountain King - PC: 36 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
Swamp Gobber Chef - PC: 1
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 3 Grunts: 6
- Stone Scribe Elder - PC: 3
Trollkin Highwaymen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
Pyg Bushwhackers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
- Pyg Bushwhacker Officer & Mortar - Officer & Mortar Pyg: 5
Dhunian Knot - Leader & 2 Grunts: 6

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

I get first turn. I anticipate either a very careful advance or a bottom of 1 feat from the Trolls. As such I'm focused on taking control of the middle to easily contest and threaten both zones.


:: Game ::

T1 is the usual stuff. Echoes up, supremacy on Trenchers etc. Grenadiers dig in.


Trolls run up hard and feat!


Patience. I keep pushing, spread out, bide my time. A Chain Blast from Past through Thorn takes out a bush dude.


Playing against Haley3's defense skew and cloudwall can be unnerving. This shows itself when my opponent decides to try and get work done. The Mountain King sprays a little dude to hit a handful of my models. Damage is irrelevant. Highwaymen try and jam me out as best as they can.


I make a huge mistake as I forget to allocate to the Ironclad here, reasoning I'm not going to feat. It makes it a little iffy but I manage to clear the Highwaymen, get Ragman within 3" of Thorn while said Thorn is in melee with the MK and thus get Death Field for all of the Grenadier shots and the Ironclad. This proves to be enough and I even have the luxury of spending my Lances on infantry! A bit of a lucky break I guess but then again that Mountain King does go down fast when I get to apply Death Field.


Gunnbjorn retaliates. It doesn't feel like it's nearly enough however.


I consolidate my position and feat to clear as many things as possible. I leave the Bomber alone as I simply want to kill off as many models as possible at this point in time. I also move towards the left zone to score a CP and send Charger away from Junior to simply have contesting pieces. I forget to activate the Ironclad but it's of no matter.


Gunnbjorn tries one last turn of retaliation...


...but it's nowhere near enough and my opponent concedes.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

This game was about as one-sided as I had feared. I believe Gunnbjorn feats one turn too early, but honestly what is the alternatively? Give up a ton of board space and hold it? Sounds bad either way in my opinion. The problems for the Trollbloods here are so many: No answers for clouds, no good replies to echoes, no decent way to get attrition work done under Flux. On top of that he is prone to leaving one zone exposed. While Haley3 isn't nearly the scenario caster her slightly younger incarnation is, scoring becomes a thing for real in Outlast when you can utterly smash one flank. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar