søndag 30. oktober 2016

Battle Report #333: Haley2 vs Issyria

:: Prologue ::

Lots of Haley3 lately, time for some Haley2 again. Today I was facing Retribution for what seems like the 123rd time. It's good practice because it's a tough matchup!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 5
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
Ragman - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 2 Grunts: 12
Opponent:
(Issyria 1) Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn [+29]
 - Hyperion [36]
 - Phoenix [18]
Heavy Rifle Team [4]
Heavy Rifle Team [4]
House Vyre Electromancers [8]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Elara, Tyro of the Third Chamber [4]
 - Discordia [18]
Skeryth Issyen

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario was extraction and I got to go first. My opponent picked a side with two forests for him to hide stuff behind. I deployed with the Stormwall going left of the center and my other 2 jacks going right.


:: Game ::

I run stuff up. Lances spread out. My thinking here is that Hyperion has to make a commitment and I can reply accordingly.


My opponent wants to blinding light the Stormwall. I tell him it's not a viable play because he'll lose his Phoenix. He doesn't see the angle so he asks me. I say the Ironclad will throw a Lance to knock him down and then I will charge him. He still goes for the play. Ok.


A Lance runs to within 8" of the Phoenix. Gotta be careful of that Admonition messing my plan up. Haley activates, casting TA on the Stormwall and TK on the lance to get him within 6" of the Phoenix without triggering Admonition. The Ironclad follows up and throws the Lance on the Phoenix to knock him down. Stormwall charges Phoenix and kills him. Thorn moves to take the right flag. Firefly moves to take the left. Haley feated.


Issyria tries a counter play here in which she basically tries to jam me up. The electrobros, HRTs and Ancillary on Hyperion are all committed to taking out the Ironclad. It does die but I take no other damage. Discordia and Skeryth box my Stormwall in.


I move up Ragman to put down death field. A fully fueled Thorn starts working on Hyperion. Haley TKs Discordia and puts up TA on the Stormwall. The Stormwall kills the objective, Discordia and de-mounts Skeryth. Lances kill Skeryth and take the left flag. 2-0.


Elara, ancillary and the remaining electrobro kill Thorn. Hyperion tries to do a number on the 'wall but with Issyria's feat being spent to ensure the demise of the Ironclad the damage just isn't there and he survives.

In return I have Ragman with Death Field, Lanyssa with Hunter's Mark and the Lances + Firefly to commit. Hyperion dies...


...and with that, the game is over.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

I don't like Skeryth in Retribution lists. I find him way too situational for his cost. Sure he can be a pain, but 8 points is huge. I can see him being valuable in certain matchups but if Haley2 is one of Issyria's harder matchups I think Retribution needs to leave him at home and just get more value pieces here. We did play a rematch (report coming up soon!) in which Skeryth was swapped for 2x MHAs.

I played Haley on the wrong flank here and that resulted in my feat hitting way too little. By going on the other side of the Stormwall I can get further up and she's still safe.

The Retribution Phoenix play was asking for trouble. It shows the value of Lances (large based expendable models are perfect for these setups) and having another throw-option that isn't the Stormwall. It's rare, but still valuable.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar