fredag 7. oktober 2016

Battle Report #315: Haley2 vs Magnus2

:: Prologue ::

Having played the Kingmaker's and been pretty impressed by its abilities I was eager to bring out the big guns. I helped my opponent tweak his list a bit to get in the Boomies and get more free stuff, as well as a Buccaneer which I think is amazing for Magnus2. Off we went!

:: Lists ::

Cygnar:
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 5
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 13
- Ironclad - PC: 12
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Firefly - PC: 8
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
Ragman - PC: 4
Storm Lances - Leader & 2 Grunts: 12
Opponent:
Magnus the Warlord - WJ: +28
- Freebooter - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Buccaneer - PC: 6 (Battlegroup Points Used: 6)
- Mangler - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Nomad - PC: 11
- Nomad - PC: 11
- Talon - PC: 7
Kell Bailoch - PC: 0
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - PC: 0
Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - PC: 4
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. - Boomhowler & 5 Grunts: 11
Steelhead Halberdiers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 11
Trencher Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Trencher Infantry Rifle Grenadier - PC: 2

THEME: The Kingmaker's Army

:: Pre-Battle Thoughts & Deployment ::

The scenario was Incursion and I went first. Easy plan: Get -far- up the field and force the issue.


:: Game ::

I run stuff up. Don't you love doing that T1?


Trenchers move up and cloud up in return with Steelheads on the right flank.


In a game of control feat vs control feat it can feel like a game of chicken to feat first. However when you can get an amazing alpha, it's not really something to worry about. The Trenchers were so close I could get a ton of impact hits here, the Stormwall could charge in and take out Orin, I could neutralize the scenario, be safe from ambushing Howlers. In short: It was a huge opening. I took it. Lances and Firefly with TA made a mockery of his infantry, leaving but a handful alive, and it was looking good!


Magnus tried to counter-feat, catching Haley. He moved up and was knocked down by the Buccaneer.


I sent Haley as far back as I could (as the picture above shows) and disabled 3 heavies with disruption x2 (Thorn + pod) and the Ironclad on full focus + free charge.

Following this Magnus nearly found a flying assassination hail mary angle. Because he was knocked down in the previous turn he could be slammed + thrown now and then Boomies could move in to negate KD and he could charge Haley. He was -just- out of range (seriously this flying jank thing is stupid beyond belief) and he had no way to play attrition what-so-ever so the game was effectively over.

Victory to the Swans!

:: Evaluation ::

Haley2 definitely felt good here. Magnus might need a different list setup but it was really good to get a game in with Haley2 again -and- play against Kingmaker's feeling I was in control.

Thorn ended up way too far out on the flank. Apart from this I was happy with my execution here. I managed to present and find all the angles I needed and denied him an opening to effectively strike back. Very satisfied with that!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar